Monster.com Jobs for motivated vampires : When you sleep in a coffin its easy to sleep outside the box
Geico Insurance the Money: you could save if you were mortal
Harley Davidson: Outrun the sun
Mini Cooper : Feel the wind in you fangs
Friday, May 22, 2009
Monster.com Jobs for motivated vampires : When you sleep in a coffin its easy to sleep outside the box
For the second season of the vampire TV series, the network created fake ads for real brands.
By: Kunur Patel
Cable network HBO partnered with marketers for an ad campaign promoting the second season premier of its series "True Blood." Agency Digital Kitchen created ads for fake products targeting vampires from real brands Ecko Unlimited, Geico, Gillette, Harley-Davidson, MINI and Monster.com--find more executions below. The ads maintain the brands' logos and creative style while featuring made-up vampire-themed copy and products.
Is Gawker in on the campaign, too? Suggesting another not-yet-announced brand partnership, Creativity this afternoon received invitations from agency Campfire to a party hosted by Gawker Media to welcome Bloodcopy, a "True Blood" blog-like microsite, into its network of websites
Ecko Fragrance : Attract a Human
Gillette Razor : Dead Sexy Vampires prefer the fusion shave
Yes another variation on the videos ..listen carefully
( I will add the other characters to the previous posts click here to see them all )
S: I had a feeling like I'd lost you.
B: I am so sorry.
S: I always thoughts we could be together
B: I will not lose you
man (Sid - the lawyer - re: Uncle Bartlett?): I have some terrible news.
women: I need an ambulance
man (Sam, maybe?): ...you can't call me and... (ask that? maybe?)
Andy Bellfleur: ...ain't no pulse
Sam: I've seen enough dead bodies to last me a lifetime
B: I refuse to apolgoize...
S: Is it that easy for you kill?
B: I am vampire
S: The more open my mind gets, the more evil I see.
From New York Observer
Lizzy Caplan should be more famous. As Casey on Party Down, the doe-eyed actress—who happens to be our current favorite celebrity crush—exhibits a perfect blend of sarcasm and bitterness that belies her loving heart. In short, she’s a geek fantasy girl: at once perfectly attainable and completely unattainable. As much as we love Party Down—and believe us, the second season of the Rob Thomas/Paul Rudd–executive-produced comedy will have as much buzz associated to it as Mad Men’s sophomore turn did—the show simply wouldn’t work as well without her.
Anna Paquin plays Queen Isabella in Amistad.
AMISTAD is about a 1839 mutiny onboard a slave ship that is traveling towards the Northeast Coast of America. Much of the story involves a court-room drama about the slave who led the revolt. Written by Michael Hatch
Amistad is the name of a slave ship traveling from Cuba to the U.S. in 1839. It is carrying a cargo of Africans who have been sold into slavery in Cuba, taken on board, and chained in the cargo hold of the ship. As the ship is crossing from Cuba to the U.S., Cinque, who was a tribal leader in Africa, leads a mutiny and takes over the ship. They continue to sail, hoping to find help when they land. Instead, when they reach the United States, they are imprisoned as runaway slaves. They don't speak a word of English, and it seems like they are doomed to die for killing their captors when an abolitionist lawyer decides to take their case, arguing that they were free citizens of another country and not slaves at all. The case finally gets to the Supreme Court, where John Quincy Adams makes an impassioned and eloquent plea for their release. Written by M Parkinson, Sarasota, FL, USA
Real improvements to blogtalk chat rooms!
Chat transcript history means I can finally read what happens during the shows.
Looking forward to the new features Monday night ! Join us in chat room at 8:45 !
We are very pleased to announce the release of BlogTalkRadio's new chat application.
Not only is it full of personalization features such as font size, color, background choice and integrated emoticons, it also includes many useful functional features as well.
These features include:
* Chat transcript history: This is one of the most helpful and most requested upgrades. To save your chat transcript, click the "Save Message History" icon in the upper right-hand corner. Once your show is complete, simply click this button and copy/paste the entire chat log into a Word or text document. It's that simple.
* Additional message functionality: With one click of a user's name, you will now see a list of several options including the ability to private message in an entirely different window. As a host and chat room monitor, you will also be able to pre-define certain messages such as a reminder to the guests to register, the listener call-in number, and any regularly used links.
* Video integration: If you are a featured BlogTalkRadio host, you will be able to broadcast your video onto a completely moveable and resizable user window.
Users may then opt into the streaming video by clicking on the video icon next to your name.
* Sharing images: You can now share images in the chat room by clicking the share image button directly in the chat. Once you have clicked this button , another window will open directing you to choose an image from your computer files. Please note that all participants in the chat room will see the image that you post.
* "Tweet This" and "Share This:" When you chat during your favorite BlogTalkRadio shows, we want to remind you to use the 'Tweet This' and 'Share This' icons conveniently located at the bottom of the chat room to post details about the show on your Twitter and Facebook accounts. This will help you network on behalf of the host and the show.
Who knows that Sookie is granddaughter to Niall and who knows she is part fairy? We have two very different issues here that some are conflating.
What have I missed ?
In Dead and Gone:
"Hey, does the new king know about my great-grandfather?" Eric's face settled into lines of stone. "I can't predict Felipe's reaction if he finds out, my lover. Bill and I are the only ones who have that knowledge now. It has to stay that way. Pg 46
So, Eric is saying that only he and Bill know she is great- granddaughter to the fairy prince Niall ?? Well, he must have been saying that he and Bill are the only vampires who know, because we know that others do know her relationship to Niall including Sam, Mr. Cataliades, Dinatha , Amelia and Jason .
As to her fairy blood:
She says in Definitely Dead "I didn't believe this wonderful fairy blood had done all that much for me, either. Maybe a few vampires had been a little more interested in me and friendly to me than they would have been otherwise, but I couldn't say that had been much of an advantage. In fact, many people would say the vampire attention had been a big negative factor in my life. I might be one of those people."
Question : But now who knows she is part Fae ?
Answer : Everyone ( almost)
I would imagine if Pam know from Andre in ATD then Bill learns then too.
"You have fairy blood," Eric said, as if his own lightbulb had just lit up. "That explains a lot." Dd
"I don't see that that makes any difference," Pam said, her voice curiously gentle. "Now that we know you have fairy blood, thanks to Andre, ATD
And I would have gone on and on, if Quinn hadn't said, "I don't give a damn about fairies, myself." Any available room left in the kitchen vanished.DD
"Maybe it's the fairy blood," Amelia said, staring at me thoughtfully.I shrugged ATD
"I love the smell of fairy. Do you think she knows she has fairy blood?" he asked Sophie-Anne, while I was in the process of transferring my lipstick. "I what?" I hadn't heard him correctly, I was sure. "I have what?" "He has a nose for it," the queen said. "My Andre." She looked faintly proud. DD
Mr Cataliades & Dinatha
"Your great-grandfather has many enemies," Diantha said slowly and carefully DAG
Sandra Pelt & Barbara & Gordon Pelt
Her parents might have been within ear shot if not Sandra could have told them afterward DD
Colonel Flood knows Claudine and knows she has a relationship with Sookie
Jason find out about Niall in Book 9 "And one of those enemies," I said after I'd told him our family history, "is our half-human great-uncle, Fintan's brother, Dermot DAG
Sam has seen Sookie and her fairy cousin numerous times in the bar and both he and Alcide see Claudia save Sookie in FDTW were war.
Alcide / Tray
Both he and Alcide see Claudia save Sookie in FDTW were war.
Yes. I guess you've talked to Alcide?""Yeah. I'm not trying to get in your business, but it would have been better to hear all this from you directly. When you're here as my friend and Amelia's boyfriend, I tell you what I think I can without endangering you or Amelia. It never occurred to me that Niall's enemies would think of getting information through my roommate. DAG
Peter Threadgill he may have known about Hadley and Sookie just by spying on Sophie-Anne
Rasul maybe heard at the cabin in DD
Though I remembered the vampire in Mississippi who'd told me he detected a trace of fairy blood in my veins
You know you need these panties .... More here
Alan Ball’s Itunes Playlist
1. Bad Things (Theme from “True Blood) by Jace Everett: ” We used this song as a temporary main title on the True Blood pilot, a placeholder while we looked for something else, but nothing worked as well, because this song and Jace’s performance of it are, well, perfect.”
2. Round the Bend by Beck: ” Once after a knee surgery, i took a vicodin the doctor had prescribed and chased it with a glass of red wine, and about half an hour later I felt all sensation draining out of my body. This song, aside from being gorgeous, reminds me of that feeling.”
3. Mezzanine by Massive Attack: “Hypnotic, dark, and unsettling. Who doesn’t love that?”
4. Love Shack by The B-52’s: “I’m from Georgia like the B-52’s, and this song never fails to make me happy.”
5. O Magnum Mysterium by Robert Shaw & Robert Shaw Chamber Singers: “I play this when I’m really stressed, and it always helps me to calm down and put whatever is stressing me out into perspective. Plus it makes me feel all, like, tragic and redeemed, and heroic.”
6. I Will Follow (2005 Live from Milan) by U2: “I used to play this on my Walkman when I ran, and now I have knee issues. Thanks a lot, U2!”
7. New Coat of Paint by Tom Waits: “How great is Tom Waits? A genius songwriter, with one of the most expressive voices ever.”
8. Over the Rainbow by Keith Jarrett: “This song is a melodic masterpiece - yes, I am gay - and this is a profoundly emotional interpretation that never ceases to move me.”
9. Back to Life (However Do You Want Me) [One World Remix] by Soul II Soul: “This song reminds me of summer night parties in back yards in Brooklyn, back before I moved to Hollywood and sold my soul.”
10. The Very Thought of You by Nat “King” Cole: “Everything about this recording is lush - the melody, his voice, the arrangement. It’s like taking a hot bath in a fur bathtub. With vicodin and red wine.”
11. Save It For Later by The English Beat: “This song still makes me want to dance, even with my bad knees. Thanks, English Beat.”
12. Parrel Life by The Starseeds: “You know that music they play in upscale boutiques, hotels, restaurants, etc., to make you feel really hip and good about yourself so you’ll spend money? This is one of my favorite examples of that kind of music.”
13. Don’t Dream It’s Over by Crowded House: “When I moved from Florida to New York in 1986, I drove for two days in someone else’s car. This song was a big hit at the time, and every radio station played it around the clock, so it always reminds me of that trip, which included a stop at the world famous Natural Bridge in Virginia.”
14 Conservative, Christian, Right-Wing Republican, Straight, White, American Males by Todd Snider: “I discovered Todd Snider while trolling ITunes for songs to put in a True Blood script, and now he is my personal hero.”
Sample them on iTunes
Last year, HBO and Campfire Media created an integrated media campaign to introduce the public to Charlaine Harris’ Southern Vampire series that included targeted mailings, vials of fake blood, and a fake protest in NYC by the American Vampire League, an organization working to secure equal rights for vampires. HBO summarized the content with a weekly faux-documentary, The Blood Copy Report.
With the season 2 premiere of True Blood scheduled to air June 14th on HBO, vestiges of last year’s viral campaign are beginning to surface. Andrew Kasday, one of the characters behind the website BloodCopy.com, was turned into a vampire, and has “revamped” the site into an expose on human-vampire relations. Andrew has recently hinted that he has a secret reason behind bringing Blood Copy back from the dead.Building off the success of last year’s Blood Copy Report, many of Andrew’s stories have been picked up by HBO’s vampire news program, The Perspective with Victoria Davis, which is scheduled to run weekly segments until August 18th.