Southern Chess Pie or sometimes called Vinegar Pie
(yes, corn meal and vinegar!)
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. cornmeal
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. milk
1 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. flour
2 eggs, beaten well
1 tbsp. vinegar
Pie shell, 9 inch and unbaked
Melt butter. Add other ingredients to butter and mix well. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees in oven for 50 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing, as filling must "set" first.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Southern Chess Pie or sometimes called Vinegar Pie
I don't have the straight answers and the cast of True Blood is surely not giving any details away. But if you're really dying to find out, here are some clues (and spoilers) to ease the wait.
Warning: Spoilers ahead!!!
What's up with Sookie?
While Maryann's never-ending orgy still remains a big question, the main mystery in last week's episode is Sookie's powerful flashy jolt, which she unexpectedly projected on Maryann.
Who will stop Maryann?
Seeing how powerful Maryann is, I wouldn't be surprised if it would take a "group effort" to take her down. And according to Ellis, that's exactly the plan.
What's going to happen with Sam?
"I don't want to give anything away, but everybody's back from Dallas, and there's a lot of stuff that's accumulated and a lot of danger," Tara Buck, who plays Fangtasia waitress Ginger," revealed. "We've got everybody, we've got Sam [
“Beyond Here Lies Nothin”
In the season two finale, the mayhem in Bon Temps reaches a fever pitch as Maryann prepares for her ultimate bestial sacrifice, conscripting Sookie to be Maid of Honor at the bloody nuptials. Meanwhile, Sophie-Anne warns Eric to keep the lid on Bill’s inquisitiveness; Jason leads Andy into the heroic abyss; and Hoyt has a hard time swallowing Maxine’s endless stream of insults. Deliberating on what may be his final move to save Sookie and the town, Sam is forced to put his trust, and his life, in a most unlikely ally.
Just 17 days and counting!
6) I had a funny uncle (so lets talk therapy bills) but my ex Vampire boyfriend Bill killed him for me. :::smiles prettily:::
7) My grandmother was brutally murdered by the man who wanted to kill me for sleeping with the first guy I ever dated who happened to be a vampire who was sent to Bon Temps to seduce me because the Queen of Louisiana heard about me from my now deceased deceased (twice) estranged cousin Hadley who was also her lover.
8) My best friend was part of a sex club. A few of them died in the woods when a Maened killed them. Oh, and that Maened tortured me too. Wanna see my scars? Boy howdy, she was a hot mess.
9) My boss is a shape shifter. A true shifter. He can be anything he wants. Its really cool! He just revealed himself at the great Were revelation and turned into a dog in front of all our customers! Everyone handled it really well except for Arlene. I think she was so upset she might have popped a few of her fake fingernails off. She quit so its all good. I was tired of telling her her fake red hair looked “natural” anyway. No one is naturally that shade of tramp. Anyway, the time before that, Sam turned into a LION and killed a bunch of folks to defend me. He's very protective... His step dad shot his Mom after the Weres came out so if I were you, I’d remember to have a positive attitude around supes, mmmkay? They’re getting a divorce now. Who? Oh, his step mom and her psycho soon-to-be-ex husband.
10) Remember that waitress with the bad hair? Arlene? My so called former best friend is now a psychotic member of the Fellowship of the Sun! After the Weres came out and Crystal was killed she tried to lure me to her house and have her boyfriend and some FOTS folks kill me and crucify me for being a were and vamp sympathizer. Yeah, I know right? They couldn’t even come up with an original crime to commit! So anyway, she’s in jail. Her boyfriend is wounded. The other guys is dead… How? Well the FBI was in town investigating my mind reading capabilities and happened to be available to assist our local law enforcement. I have them on speed dial. Wait, why are you sweating?
Ok, what the hell ?
I had a question today " who do you think peanut is ?"
My answer: 'Damned if I know'
We know the number is scrawled next to the payphone in Merlottes. The number is 555-0168, Jane Bodehouse calls the number in Ep 10 and a man's voice answers.
She later asks Sam if he knows anyone one named Peanut Birch and says she can't remember but there is something she is supposed to do.
Of course we already have a Twitter character ...
Who do you think it is ?
Please, please become a fan of the Loving True Blood in Dallas blog- this is pathetic.
I've always just had an individual account on Facebook and am friends with many of you , but I've never had one for the website.
So, now I have one - but please fan me !
** click on box to right
If we’ve learned anything from Lost and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it’s that the blond bad boy always comes out ahead in a genre love triangle. Perhaps, then, it shouldn’t be a surprise that Alexander Skarsgård popped this summer as True Blood’s insinuating (but crucially restyled) vampire sheriff Eric Northman; to judge from the fan worship thrown his way online and at Comic-Con, I’m sure that Sookie’s not the only one fantasizing about him.
Good thing that Movieline’s a font of Skars-knowledge! Here are nine facts that should help you appreciate this 33-year-old Swedish “newcomer” even more:
1. In his first U.S. role, he played one of the ill-fated male model roommates in Zoolander. For the denizens of ONTD, who love Skarsgård and (in equal measure) making animated .gifs with heads pasted over the Zoolander “Jitterbug” sequence, the discovery was mindblowing: A True Blood “Jitterbug” .gif could be made that Skarsgård was already in!read on
"What NOT to tell someone on your first date (and completely out of your dang mind!)", by Sookie Stackhouse.
1) I'm telepathic and I can also read some supes minds…and maybe some vamps now but they can‘t know or they might kill me. Shhhh! Can you keep a secret??.
2) My brother is part Were-Panther. Bitten, not born of course. His best Panther buddy, Mel, turned out to be in love with him and did some awful things. But its all ok now. He’s dead. Who? No, not my brother. Mel! Jason is fine. I think?
3) I've had vamp blood from multiple sources.
4) I slept with Bill and Eric (both vampires, whee!) and a Were Tiger named Quinn...no pressure on you for comparison or anything...
5) I'm part Fairy. :::bats eyelashes::: No really! I suggested this nice restaurant because this is where Eric brought me to meet my Great Grandfather for the first time. He's a Fairy PRINCE! Well, maybe KING now?? Apparently he's very high up there and quite powerful and protective. For a while there I could like, snap my fingers...and poof, there's Pappy! Everyone seemed a little scared of him and even my own cousins were scared of him and call him "My Lord". But now he’s back in the hidden lands and can’t come out because there was this huge secret war. They even killed my brother’s wife, Crystal. I mean she was a total hooker and I really really disliked her but no one deserved to be hurt like that just for being related to us. I even killed one of the fairy dudes who tried to kill me…with a trowel! I think its all over now, but they still can’t find my great uncle, Dermot. Did I mention he looks JUST LIKE MY BROTHER and wants to kill me? No, Dermot…not my brother. Sheesh, you’re so sensitive…Don’t worry, I have my water gun in my purse and I never leave home without my trowel… I’m fine now though. But if a seriously gorgeous person starts to sneak up behind me, tell me ok? :::pats her purse:::