Saturday, August 6, 2011
In an exclusive THR interview, costume designer Audrey Fisher spills the beans on Bill Compton, Vampire Eric and Pam's hot vampire looks — and where to get themHBO's True Blood is undergoing a chic style transformation this year. Now in the midst of Season 4, the Southern vampire thriller has already seen Bill Compton become the King of Louisiana, while Vampire Eric's memory has been erased and sizzling vampire Pam has been cursed with a flesh-rotting spell.
As the character's plot arcs have progressed, their costumes have evolved in tandem. As True Blood costume designer Audrey Fisher tells The Hollywood Reporter, Bill Compton (played by Stephen Moyer) is dressing more formally since getting his royal title, while the goth-influenced wardrobes of Pam (Kristin Bauer) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) have reached sexy and edgy new heights.
See more photos read on
Posted by " Dallas " at 4:16 PM
After the vampire king of Mississippi, Russell Edgington, changed the path of vampire-human relations last season on True Blood with a televised display of blood thirst, the character’s return may be one of the most anticipated of the series.
The last time fans saw him, Bill (Stephen Moyer) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) sealed Russell in a cement grave, but he vowed that he’d be back.
“He’s been locked away,” executive producer and writer Alexander Woo told The Hollywood Reporter earlier in the season. “So he’s kind of a time bomb. He could come back in any moment.”
THR caught up with Denis O’Hare Saturday at the Television Critics Association (TCA) Press tour where he was promoting his new FX series, American Horror Story. We had a moment to speak to him about whether the return to the HBO series will actually come to fruition.
THR: True Blood fans have been waiting eagerly for Russell Edgington’s possible return. Here we are halfway through Season 4 and nothing. Did that ever come to fruition?
Denis O’Hare: I think [series creator] Alan Ball was asked recently about Russell’s return and he said, ‘Russell’s not dead.’ And I can’t do better than that. So, I’ll just reiterate what he said. Russell is not dead.
True Blood Recipe of the week: Terry's Bellfleur's Jailhouse Chili and Sam says don't forget the corn chips
This is a great recipe for this week!
Whenever Terry's can't figure out what the lunch special should be, he goes for his Jailhouse Chili. In S2 episode 4 we see this exchange between Sookie and Terry.
SS:Are there any lunch specials?
TB:I think I got everything I need to make Jailhouse Chili.
SS:Are you sure? Because last time, you forgot the corn chips.
You know in Texas we sometimes put Armadillo meat in our chili..shhh don't tell Terry or Felix ! Recipe here
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cups finely chopped onions
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 tablespoon salt
2 28 oz. cans red beans, drained and rinsed
2 28 oz. cans tomato puree
2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
grated cheddar jack cheese
crushed red hot pepper
chopped green onion
chopped yellow onion
Tabasco pepper sauce
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet; add the chopped onion and ground beef. Sauté over medium heat, stirring to break up the bits, until the meat is cooked. Drain off any fat and transfer to a slow cooker.Add the remaining ingredients, except stir-ins. Cook on low 4-8 hours or high 2-4 hours.
Serve with the crushed corn chips, grated cheese, crushed red pepper, chopped green and yellow onion, and Tabasco. source
2. Eric embraces his amnesia! Uhm, we thought Eric already embraced his new identity as a soft-spoken man-child when he renounced his evil ways and pounded Sookie in the forest, but maybe there’s something we’re missing.
3. Luna and Sam go south. And we’re not talking about in the bedroom. Luna’s pissed at Sam (aka Tommy) for sexing her up and kicking her out, and she’s not about to forgive him! Will they be able to mend their relationship? Sam’s going to be devastated if he can’t play Barbie with Luna’s daughter anymore.
4. Lafayette “expands his consciousness”! We’re not really sure what this means, but ten to one it has something to do with Tio Luca living inside Lala’s body.
True Blood’s Jessica explains her recent bad behavior: "Our goal is to torture you" interview by Meredith Woerner
It's no great secret actress Deborah Ann Woll's character Jessica is one of our favorite True Blood characters. Except for when she's running around on her boyfriend Hoyt! So when we caught Woll on camera, we had to ask "What are you thinking?"
On the red carpet for Entertainment Weekly's Comic-Con bash, we chatted with True Blood castmembers Woll and Kevin Alejandro (Jesus). Watch what they had to say about the future of their characters on this season's True Blood.
I think I speak for all True Blooders everywhere when I ask: What are you doing? What are you doing!
- “Sookie is mine!” Season 1, episode 3, “Mine” – Vampire Bill Compton made this since often-repeated declaration about Sookie early in the first season. It’s become so popular that you can find it on T-shirts computer wallpapers, etc.
- “She is extremely lazy, but loyal.” Season 2, episode 3, “Scratches” – Eric commenting about his assistant Pam De Beaufort's work habits. Pam is indeed loyal, but lazy as hell.