Thursday, September 9, 2010
Ha I love Jess Blogs contest idea....
Welcome to Jess Blogs TV’s very first contest/giveaway! I’ve had a bit of a fangover this past week (waiting sucks, guys), so I thought I’d help tide my fellow Truebies over until Sunday’s season three finale by mixing my favorite things—writing, books, and TV—in one awesome free book giveaway. Up for grabs is a hardcover copy of Dead in the Family, Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Book #10, autographed by author Charlaine Harris herself!
Want to win? You gotta play the game. Comment on this post with a True Blood-related limerick. It can be about a character, plot line, scene, or whatever else from any of the three seasons. Mixing TV with silly poetry makes me happy, and I hope you’ll have fun with it, too. (Learn how to write a limerick, if you don’t remember from fifth grade!)
1. One entry per person. Make it count.
2. All entries due by 11:59 PM on Saturday, October 2nd, 2010.
3. Include an email address—if I can’t contact you, you can’t win.
4. Entries must be submitted as a comment here, not on my Facebook wall or via Twitter or email or whatever.
5. Don’t copy someone else’s poem. Be creative!
Get in touch with me on Twitter or by email if you have any questions, and be sure to tell your friends!
Disclaimer: I love books. Charlaine Harris and/or Ace Books and/or HBO in no way sponsored or are representative of this post. I’m doing this giveaway to show you all how much I appreciate you, and all costs incurred have been paid for out-of-pocket
Can't wait for the True Blood finale ? Join us Sunday night right after True Blood for a great discussion!
This is always the most fun show of the season ! Every member of Team Talk Blood will weigh in on the finale and what we can look forward to season 4.
Join me and the lovely @SookieBonTemps, Mark Blankenship, Andy Swist, Becca Wilcott, Brian Juergens, Jefwithonef, Meredith Woerner and Lisa of Sookieverse blog.
The chatroom will be a blast and I will take calls .....so join us !
You can find all the fun here chat opens at 9:15 pm cst and radio show goes live at 9:30 cst
* First thing's first - this episode is hot. Between Katherine's fashion choices, a good long look at Wesley's abs, and one of the most sizzling make-out scenes I've ever witnessed on screen, I'm expecting a run on cold showers around 9 p.m. EST tomorrow.
* When Vicki died in the first season, we learned that nobody on this show is safe. Keep that in mind. If there's anything I know about "The Vampire Diaries," it's that if you think things are going to be okay... you're wrong.
* Two characters will share a first kiss.
* Somerhalder and I spoke over the summer about how much he hates Damon's most vulnerable moments. Let's just say he must have really, really, really hated one of the scenes in this episode. Really.
* Stefan's protective instincts will emerge in a way they never have before. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
* Someone will do something unforgivable.
* Tyler's rage will reach a new level. I gasped out loud during one particularly charged scene.
* What you won't see: Alaric. Matt Davis is absent from this episode, but with so much action packed into it, you probably won't miss him... much. This doesn't foreshadow his presence throughout the season, though. I hear that Alaric's storylines will still be essential to the plot, and he and Damon will become even more entangled as they try to find answers.