Thursday, December 18, 2008

Last blog entry for Charlaine for 2008

This is my last blog of 2008. From now on out, I’m going full-tilt like so many of you. I have a book to finish, lots of cooking to do, a trip to make, and children to enjoy. That’s more than enough to last me until the end of the year.

Looking back over 2008, there are so many pleasurable professional moments to relive. I can only marvel at the year I’ve had. With the publication of FROM DEAD TO WORSE, and the short story anthology Toni and I edited (WOLFSBANE AND MISTLETOE), to the appearance of my short stories in BLOOD LITE and UNUSUAL SUSPECTS, I’ve had an incredibly busy time of it. Of course, the most dominant event of the year was the debut of “True Blood.” From the premiere to the last episode, I was in a whirlwind of activity. I’m delighted all the hard work so many people put into this show has paid off so well for them, and I hope “True Blood’s” second season is as much of a hit as the first.

Personally, it’s been a good year too. My family is all well, all happy, and all moving forward with their busy lives. We were glad to welcome home Second Son after two years in Alaska, and Youngest Child is well on her way to picking a college. Maybe. We hope. Soon?

We’ve lost some friends along the way, but that’s a part of our time on earth, too.

I can’t imagine another year as wonderful as this one has been.

As I prepare for 2009, let me tell you what I hope for: financial stability in the world’s markets, peace in the Middle East, and safety for our new president. There are lots of other worthy causes, but these are the ones at the forefront of my worries when I think of the coming year.

Thanks to all of you, especially my moderators and Dawn, my web maven, for supplying each other and me with hours of entertainment on this board. Thanks for keeping it civil, and obeying the rules. I’m delighted some of you have made friends here, and I hope this board continues to introduce like-minded people to each other. Happy reading, everyone! Here’s to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy.

--Charlaine Harris

http://www.charlaineharris.com/bb/bb_current.html

0 comments: