Sunday, December 21, 2008

May I have Mr. Bill Compton the vampire to go, please?


readingext on her blog wrote so eloquently about what so many are feeling about the show and characters ..

This has to be the very first time in my entire life that I actually decided to watch anything based on a book before reading the book. I have never read Charlaine Harris' New Orleans vampires series. I have no idea why not, considering I love anything vampire and black magic, and all the supernatural. Many times I have daydreamed how great it would be to be immortal, have great powers, have pretty much no enemies, all that jazz. Anyway, for some, just as inexplicable reason I decided to watch "True Blood" this past weekend instead of reading the books. And boy, oh boy am I glad.

First of all, is Bill Compton THE hottest vampire or what?! Really, can I order him to go, please?

Second of all, I could not believe that I was watching the little girl from "The Piano" playing Sookie. And I think she really does a great job. Sookie and Bill are such a cute couple, all things considered (you know, him a vampire and her with telepathic mind).

Some might call the show silly, but there is something to it. It pulled me in completely. I spent almost all night on Saturday just watching the first seven episodes. I never devote so much time to anything on TV. Reading a book? Yes, I have spent countless nights on that. But watching a TV series would be unthinkable to me just two days ago.

Oh, and did I mention that I really, really like Bill Compton?

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6277775467976733660&postID=3974277816674345256&page=1

0 comments: