Sunday, January 11, 2009

Backstage at the Golden Globes

Notes and reactions from behind the scenes By DAVID S. COHEN, JUSTIN CHANG


Anna Paquin talked backstage about how hard she fought to win the role of Sookie Stackhouse in "True Blood."

"I was the pale brunette from New Zealand, and I'm playing the Southern tanned blonde, essentially a Hooter's waitress. It wasn't the most obvious casting choice, but I just really wanted it and I didn't stop until they said yes."

How did winning a Globe compare to her Oscar win for "The Piano" at the age of 11?

"I don't even remember that, it was very blurry and crazy," she said. "This is quite blurry and crazy, too, but at least I'm old enough to drink and stay out past 10 p.m."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post the video of Anna winning. Or even just the clip of Anna and Stephen together (I heard they kissed!) that would be more than enough for me.
Thanks for this blog, will be checking for updates frequently!