Friday, January 23, 2009

Paging Dr. Ludwig : Season 2- Episode 3 "Scratch my Back"

So it looks like we have the Maenad attack in Episode 3 of Season 2 of True Blood


Eric rushes Siookie to Fangtasi and the healing in the book , takes place on the new red couch in Eric's office where Sookie'e life is saved by Dr Ludwig and the 4 vamps ( Eric, Bill, Pam and Chow) The vamps each drain Sookie of her tainted, poisoned blood from the Maenad attack. She is healed by the draining in combination with Dr Ludwig's special healing licking and she is given a fresh transfusion of human blood...

Sookie really barely survives this attack ...

The scene in the book:

Pam came in then, with the doctor. If I had hoped Eric meant a regular doctor, like a stethoscope and tongue depressor kind of person, I was once again doomed to disappointment.
This doctor was a dwarf, who hardly had to bend over to look me in the eyes. Bill hovered, vibrating with tension, while the small woman examined my wounds. She was wearing a pair of white pants and a tunic, just like doctors at the hospital; well, just like doctors used to, before they started wearing that green color, or blue, or whatever crazy print came their way. Her face was full of her nose, and her skin was olive. Her hair was golden brown and coarse, incredibly thick and wavy. She wore it clipped fairly short. She put me in mind of a hobbit. Maybe she was a hobbit. My understanding of reality had taken several raps to the head in the past few months.
"What kind of doctor are you?" I asked, though it took some time for me to collect myself enough.
"The healing kind," she said in a surprisingly deep voice. "You have been poisoned."
"So that's why I keeping thinking I'm gonna die," I muttered.
"You will, quite soon," she said......

"She is the healer," Eric said, in a rebuking kind of way. "You must accept her treatment."
"Oh, all right," I said, not even caring how sullen I sounded. "By the way, I haven't heard an 'I'm sorry' from you yet." My sense of grievance had overwhelmed my sense of self-preservation.
"I am sorry that the maenad picked on you."....

"It's on the way," she said. "This is bad."
"Start," Bill said urgently. "She's changing color."
The dwarf leaped from the couch and bent to examine my eyes.
She shook her head. "Yes, if there's to be any hope," she said, but she sounded very far away to me. She had a syringe

Later in the scene and the best line of the scene

"What happened?"
Pam relaced her fingers around her knee. "We did as Dr. Ludwig said. Bill, Eric, Chow, and I all took a turn, and when you were almost dry we began the transfusion."
..Also, I had no shirt on. Or anything else. Above the waist. Below, my jeans were still intact, though remarkably nasty.
"Your shirt was so ragged we had to tear it off," Pam said, smiling openly.
"We took turns holding you on our laps. You were much admired. Bill was furious."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dallas, your site is the alpha and omega of each and every day! I can't wait to see what AB does with this. Thanks for such an absolutely awesome site!

Unknown said...

I agree! I am so excited to see what happens. I was kinda bummed how they brought Maryann in and it wasn't the attack on Sookie - thinking that wasn't going to happen - so I am pleasantly surprised!