Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ask Dallas: What is that big star on the wall in Merlotte's ?

I love getting email and some of the most fun I've had has been trying to solve mysteries proposed by readers ...you might remember one of my favorites. Someone asked " Who is the Canine actor that plays Dean ( Sam's alter ego ) ?'

If you missed it the answer is HERE

OD has been on me to solve another question -it's the big star on the wall at one end of Merlotte's bar - you can see it behind Bill in the big "Bill walks back into the bar scene" but we could never make it out...

It is of course, a John Deere sign now the big stamped metal star makes me think it may have once been from a Texas John Deere Tractor dealership but you can see it clearly in this shot ...

Email: True Blood in Dallas

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dallas. Thought it might be John Deere, but everything John Deere is usually green and yellow. The Texas star must be a nod to Sam's Texas roots.

Unknown said...

where the heck can I get that sign!!!??