Wednesday, February 11, 2009

'Strange Love': the song title song for True Blood Season One Episode one

I recently did a Season 2 Spoiler show for my Blogtalk radio show, where we looked at what we might know about the upcoming episode by examining the title song for that episode.

I can't tell you how many emails I received from folks saying they felt so stupid for not realizing that the True Blood episodes were named for songs. It's OK but I thought it might be a good idea to look back at the song, the artist and the lyrics for each of last season's episode title songs.


So let's look back to Episode one: Season one Strange Love' first aired 9/7/2008

Strange Love - by Slim Harpo ( we have another Slim Harpo song for Season 2 I think HERE)

Sometimes called electric swamp blues written by James Moore, aka Slim Harpo. Crowley, Louisiana, October 1965 Excello Records.

James Moore AKA Slim Harpo Born: January 11, 1924 in the parish of West Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As a figure in the post-war rural blues, his music is often described as Louisiana swamp blues. As a teenager, his parents died, leaving him to raise one brother and three young sisters.

Strange Love

Strange love, cutest thing I ever seen
Strange love, cutest thing I ever seen
You remind me of somethin' that I have seen in a dream

Can I take you out to dinner, some place where we can be alone
Can I take you out to dinner, some place where we can be alone
Tell you how much I love you, then let me hold you in my arm

(Harp solo here)

You asked me there's honey, love to be your honeycomb
You asked me there's any honey, I love to be your honeycomb
Then when the time is right darling there'll be some lovin' goin' on

You can hear a little sample of it here at Amazon or buy a copy for 99c

0 comments: