Sunday, February 8, 2009

Watch out Charlaine might be watching you ....

Charlaine posted to her blog today and aside from talking, as she usually does about her own familial and domestic events such as: kids choosing colleges and having a sick pet. She also wrote briefly about the two short stories she is now writing, one for the Mystery Writers of America anthology and the other for a new anthology which she is co- editing with Toni L.P. Kelner called "Death's Excellent Vacation".

We don't know if either of them will be Sookieverse stories ...

But I found it most interesting that she chose to spend her time and used her blog as a platform to discuss what seems to be rampant right now on many of the Sookie Stackhouse /True Blood discussion/ forum sites and that is posters being disagreeable, argumentative and ganging up on other posters. I recently spoke about this too on a recent radio show (you can listen about 4 minutes into the recent Bill's show ) and I received excellent feedback from folks that appreciated what I said and now we see Charlaine addressing the same issue on her blog.

It's interesting to note, that she is most definitely visiting other forums and seeing this kind of behavior.
I do think this behavior is in part due to boredom and us lacking anything new to talk about. One of the things we are doing to combat this boredom while we wait for the new book and the return of True Blood Season 2 on the HBO wiki is that we are getting together a group of folks to read and discuss "Dancer's in the Dark" the Sookieverse novella that Charlaine wrote in 2004. If you'd like to be involved with that discussion send me an email and I'll let you know more. We haven't begun the discussion yet so now is the time to get involved.

So beware when you post...Charlaine might be watching what you say ..



"Speaking of writing long - my moderators have recently become concerned that very long posts call all "conversation" on the site to a temporary halt. We've been emailing back and forth discussing the idea. We concluded that we'd ask posters will keep their messages short and to the point.
Sometimes it's impossible to make your case with brevity, but please give it a try.
As long as I'm talking about posting, I wanted to thank all of you for showing so much respect to each other. I'm proud of this website, and I want all my readers to know it. I hope this website never descends to the level of others I've visited, where one group gangs together to shout down the opinions of another. Respectfully disagreeing is the norm here, and I hope it stays that way. I'm glad you're here, and I hope you visit often."

http://www.charlaineharris.com/bb/bb_current.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling she was watching one day....
:-))

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately,this can happen on any discussion forum and I've been on a few over the years that got really bad...to the point some people were taking their disagreements out into the real world.I mostly post on the TB Wiki and I stick to a few threads that stick to the discussion at hand in a civil manner. I have enough problems in my life without arguing with people in cyberspace.-hdgcat