Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blog challenge to read books by female authors to celebrate National Women's History Month

Jaz on flygirld blog writes about how a number of blogs are challenging their readers to read three books by female authors this month in honor of National Women's History Month. http://www.nwhp.org/

What 3 books by female authors would you recommend ?

she also says..... Regardless, Charlaine Harris is a really interesting writer. I’m not sure I can exactly describe her style, but it lends itself more towards the “less is more” approach. She describes things in few words, and her characters are really growing on me. I was up till 5am this morning reading the third in the series, which so far is my favorite I think, and I really wanted to finish it but I have this thing about refusing to go to bed after dawn, so I had to call it a night before the sun peeped through my window. The problem now though is that I can’t find the fourth book ANYWHERE. Every bookstore in town is out of it and I really want to read it. I could buy it online but it would take some time to ship and the library has like 4 people waiting on it and I’m way too impatient to wait with them. So… I’m not sure. I need to call Target and ask them and then I’m out of ideas until the used bookstore opens again tomorrow (they’re closed on Mondays- don’t ask) and I can search in there. *SIGH*

In any case, as soon as I decide on a first book for the challenge I will let everybody know and you all can be regaled by my attempt to write commentary on it. Check out the site and join the challenge, everybody should read a little more.

http://flygirld.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/womens-history-month-challenge/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *love* this. I'll pass this along. ;D