Friday, March 6, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse loves Car Talk and listens on Red River Radio, the local Public Radio Station

Yes, everyone got it right, it was Sookie who loves listening to Click and Clack on Car Talk radio.

What's also interesting to note is that she listens on Red River Radio which is REALLY the public radio station for the Bon Temps area. In Shreveport area, Sookie's radio is tuned to 89.9 FM.






From Book 6 -Definitely Dead

The birds were tweeting and chirping, the bugs were buzzing, and the pollen-heavy air was full of peace as if it were yet another plant emission. I was sitting on the front porch in my pink robe, sipping my coffee, listening to Car Talk on Red River Radio, and feeling really good, when a little Dodge Dart chugged up my driveway. I didn't recognize the car, but I did recognize the driver. All my peacefulness vanished in a puff of suspicion. Now that I knew about the proximity of a new Fellowship conclave, Tanya's inquisitive presence seemed even more suspicious. I was not happy to see her at my home.

Common courtesy forbade me from warning her off, with no more provocation than I'd had, but I wasn't giving her any welcoming smile when I lowered my feet to the porch and stood.
"Good morning, Sookie!" she called as she got out of her car.
"Tanya," I said, just to acknowledge the greeting.

Thanks TES , Rita, Naomi, Tracie.

The Red River Radio Network is a community-supported service of LSU-Shreveport and is the non-commercial source for NPR News, classical music, and more for East Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and parts of Mississippi
Support it HERE

0 comments: