Friday, March 13, 2009

True Blood and Sophie-Anne Leclerq, Queen of Louisiana


Remember the first time we see Sophie Anne is NOT in the books it's in the ALL IMPORTANT short story " One Word Answer' , in that story she comes to Sookie's house to tell her of her cousin's Hadley's death.

You can find the short story in this anthology:

One Word Answer : Bite (contains short story "One Word Answer") Jove 2005, ISBN 0-515-13970-X

Here is her description when we first meet her.

In Bite

She was beautiful, of course, but not in a fairy-tale princess sort of way. I don't know what I expected, but she wasn't it. While Bill and Bubba scrambled to their feet and then bowed deeply, I gave her a good once-over. She was wearing a very expensive midnight-blue suit and high heels. Her hair was a rich reddish brown. Of course she was pale as milk, but her eyes were large, tilted, and almost the same brown as her hair. Her fingernails were polished red, and somehow that seemed very weird. She wore no jewelry.

From Book 6 Definitely Dead

Sophie-Anne Leclerq, Queen of Louisiana, and a male vampire were sitting at a round table piled with papers. I'd met the queen once before, when she'd come to my place to tell me about my cousin's death. I hadn't noticed then how young she must have been when she died, maybe no more than fifteen. She was an elegant woman, perhaps four inches shorter than my height of five foot six, and she was groomed down to the last eyelash. Makeup, dress, hair, stockings, jewelry—the whole nine yards.

0 comments: