Thursday, March 12, 2009

True Blood / Living Dead in Dallas more on Isabel and Hugo


Hugo's betrayl of Isabel and of the Dallas vamps to FotS is not a pretty tail and does not end well for either of them ...

Book 2
"At the time, I thought if Stan Davis wanted to live on Green Valley Road, or in the Hundred-Acre Wood, that was his right as an American. So I defended him against the neighborhood association, and I won. I was real proud of myself. Then I got to know Isabel, and I took her to bed one night, feeling real daring, really the big man, the emancipated thinker."
I stared at him, not blinking or saying a word.

"As you know, the sex is great, the best. I was in thrall to her, couldn't get enough. My practice suffered.
I started seeing clients only in the afternoon, because I couldn't get up in the morning. I couldn't make my court dates in the morning. I couldn't leave Isabel after dark."
This sounded like an alcoholic's tale,to me. Hugo had become addicted to vampiric sex. I found the concept fascinating and repellent.

When we last see Isabel she is not so lovely
Except for the dark blue wall-to-wall, the room was bare. Isabel was chained to the wall on one side of the room—with silver, of course. Hugo was on the other. He was chained, too. They were both awake, and they both looked at the doorway, naturally.
Isabel nodded as if we'd met in the mall, though she was naked. I saw that her wrists and ankles were padded to prevent the silver from burning her, though the chains would still keep her weak.
Hugo was naked, too. He could not take his eyes off Isabel. He barely glanced at me to see who I was Stan said, "She cannot feed off him, though she is hungry. He cannot have sex with her, though he is addicted. This is their punishment, for months.

then finally and chillingly
Stan shrugged. "Three or four months. We will feed Hugo, of course. Not Isabel."
"And then?"
"We'll unchain him first. He will get a day's head start."

** above are some photos of Valerie Cruz who will play Isabel Beaumont in True Blood Season 2

0 comments: