Wednesday, April 22, 2009

'True Blood' scoop: Evan Rachel Wood crowned Queen Sophie-Anne !


Ready for some fangstastic casting news?

Sources confirm to me exclusively that True Blood creator Alan Ball has tapped Evan Rachel Wood to play the pivotal role of Sophie-Anne, the vampire Queen of Louisiana!

Who dat, you ask? She's a 500-year-old vampire from France who is charming, wily, ruthless and wise. She's a consummate diplomat who has (or had) many of history's most famous people on speed dial.

Short story shorter: It's a major frakkin' part, and landing Wood (whose last significant TV gig was Once and Again) is a major frakkin' coup.

A True Blood insider tells me that Wood is booked for two episodes, both of which will air towards the end of the show's upcoming second season. But rest assured, if the show is renewed for a third season (and, please, it will be), Wood will be back. Again: Major frakkin' part.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/true-blood-scoo.html

12 comments:

zooamy said...

I don't know how I feel about this...

Louisianagirl29 said...

That's awesome! She is a great actress.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not sure.

She's definitely the complete opposite of what I had in mind.

I know she can act well, but she certainly doesn't look like the kind of woman who can have any man she wants.

And she doesn't look mysterious or European enough.

Ana said...

I always thought of Sophie Anne as a black woman, but (a lot people are gonna hate me) I reaaaaally like Evan Rachel as the Queen!!!

I can totally buy Eric being afraid of her =)

AJBitner said...

I thought Sophie-Anne was supposed to be young? Like late teens or something around there? Evan Rachel is almost 22 years old. I thought one of the main characteristics about Sophie-Anne was that she looked so young but was yet so powerful?

Am I the only one that got this impression from the books? I mean I'm just now halfway thru book 8 but that's the way it seems to me so far.

Telma said...

Wow, how cool is that? This girl totally rocks. Have no idea who Queen Sophie-Anne is but this girl is great. I trust totally in Mr. Allan Ball instincts!

Jasperann said...

I think she will be great. I really like her in her movies, she can act. I'm sure she will be making the other vamps scared...lol Now I want to see her evil half cast...hehehe

Anonymous said...

Ugh, she is like an STD that sprouted leg....Trashy and NO class- the exact opposite of Queen Sopie. Every movie I've seen her in makes me cringe!

Well, Hopefully she doesn't ruin the show- though I could see that happening with her toxic acting abilities.....

TeamEricSookie said...

I know ERW from "Across the Universe". I think it's a good choice. Overall, I've been happy so far with the casting on TB, so I'm sure she'll be a great fit.

=^..^=

Rose said...

So I guess that the leak about Michelle Pfeiffer was just some misdirection?

lafemmetopaz said...

I think the casting is good one. ERW is good actress, her performance in The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke was very good.

ERW has tons of charisma and has a dark element to her. She's very pretty and she would look great in the role. From interviews and what I've seen, she's a very very mature 21 year old.

To the anon. responder that is comparing an actresses personal life to whether or not she can act an role is just weird and sad.

She's an actress, she's not really a vampire that is over 400 years old and the Queen of Louisiana. LOL

Anonymous said...

Um...did anyone see "across the universe"??? Yes, her personal life is sketchy- but her acting is pitiful as well...she plays the same charachter in each movie and that charachter is Evan Rachel Wood. Boring.

I would be shocked if this boring piece of cheese could pull it off.