Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A little mistake here and there : Dead and Gone

Some mistakes and errors spotted in Dead and Gone

Claudette is mentioned as the third triplet of Sookie's cousin fairies, but in previous books and short stories Claude and Claudine's sister's name was Claudia not Claudette.

The Witch Hallow's messenger is killed by who ?
The witch messenger in Book 4 is killed and that activates Hallows spell which removes Eric’s memory, but who kills the messenger?

Hallows messenger is killed by Chow in book 4, Dead to the World

"You two did something, didn't you? You messed up. What did you do?" Both Eric's arms wrapped around my legs, so I was pinned in place. I suppressed a little ripple of panic. He was just insecure. "Chow lost his temper with the witch," Pam said, after a significant pause. I closed my eyes. Even Jason seemed to grasp what Pam was saying, because his eyes got bigger. Eric turned his face to rub his cheek along my thigh. I wondered what he was making of this."And the minute she was attacked, Eric vanished?" I asked. Pam nodded."So she was booby-trapped with a spell." "Apparently," Chow said. "Though I had never heard of such a thing, and I can't be held responsible."His glare dared me to say anything.


Eric tells Sookie about the spell in book 9, Dead and Gone

“The curse contained within the witch, the curse that activated when Clancy killed her . . . it was that I would be close to my heart’s desire without ever realizing it. A terrible curse and one that Hallow must have constructed with great subtlety. We found it dog-eared in her spell book.”

others ?

2 comments:

the kitschen table said...

These types of errors bug me. Am I being too picky? Or should editors be all over this?

Anonymous said...

No, editors should be all over it, and it bugs me, too. That one about which vampire killed the witch really irritated me.