Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bloodlust continues in Season 2 of True Blood

From The Toronto Star

Paquin plays down real-life romance with costar as HBO's sensual series resumes

Why are vampires so bloody hot right now?

The question was put to Anna Paquin, who plays the fearless vampire lover in the hit series True Blood (returning for a second season tonight at 9 on HBO Canada). "For one thing, all the people that we cast as vampires are incredibly attractive," she says. "You know, the drop-dead gorgeous thing?"

There's no doubt she would include Stephen Moyer in that group. The handsome English actor plays courtly vampire Bill Compton, the 173-year-old soulmate to Paquin's telepathic Louisiana waitress Sookie Stackhouse. Compton is so stuck on Sookie, he risked turning to dust late last season in a daring daylight attempt to protect his lady love.

Moyer himself was practically dusted and fingerprinted on The View last week, when he acknowledged that he and Paquin are very much a couple in real life. Which Paquin is reluctant to do.

"I don't talk about my personal life," the 26-year-old woman says, practically gasping at the audacity of the question. "You can ask, but honestly, I always find that when I know a lot about the actors I'm watching on screen, I stop thinking about them as characters and I'm just thinking about some stupid thing I read in a magazine and I don't believe them – even if they're really good."

Read on

4 comments:

Jasperann said...

Thanks Dallas. BTW am I the only one that cringes when people say Bill and Sookie are Soul mates? It drives me crazy...lol

callonmebill said...

Jasperann, I don't know what's the breakdown 50/50, and with the last book there's hope for us Bill fans!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anna's comment and find that, while I wanted to know if they were dating, now that I do know, it keeps popping into my mind during Bill and Sookie scenes. I think I preferred it when I didn't know the actors were together.

mydoglikesbeer said...

I've always thought Bill and Sookie were soul mates.
And DAG definitely gave Bill fans hope! He's back in the game!