Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sex and Candy: Life, Death, and Dating on "True Blood"

I too loved the Sex and candy entrance ! from Televisionary blog

"And then there she was/Like double cherry pie..."

I had the opportunity to watch the first four episodes of Season Two of True Blood a few weeks back but I've been rewatching the episodes as they're airing on HBO so that I don't forget any of the plot twists.

I don't know about you but I thought that last night's episode of True Blood ("Scratches"), written by Raelle Tucker and directed by Scott Winant, was the best of the season so far.

It's a good thing I did tune in again as it contained one of my favorite scenes of the first four episodes, the sultry entrance of Jessica (the intoxicating Deborah Ann Woll) at Merlotte's to the delicious tune of Marcy Playground's "Sex and Candy," one of the most seductive and memorable sequences to unfold on the series to date.

Read on

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got freaked out on this show but thought Jessica was cute with her first experience of luv.

Rose said...

I liked how this incident with Jessica and Hoyt parallelled Sookie and Bill's early encounters. His excitement upon discovering what she was (meeting her in Merlotte's, of all places!),her embarrassment at the appearance of her fangs, and his sweet acceptance and reassurance in response.

She probably doesn't know how to glamour anyone yet, so I hope Daddy Bill takes this into account when dealing with the fallout from this incident. I am not optimistic.