Thursday, June 4, 2009

TV actress Ashley Jones, from soap to 'Blood'

New York Times

Ashley Jones stars on the world's most popular soap opera, "The Bold and the Beautiful," and will join the cast of HBO's red-hot vampire saga "True Blood" for its second season, but what she really wanted to play was the violin.

Seriously.

"That's true, and it led to me acting," the actress said. "It's just one of those things. The first thing I remember wanting to do in life was to play the violin. And I very much got to pursue that. When you're very young and you're blessed with parents who allow you to try what interests you, that opens a door where you think, 'Oh, wow, there's more out there than I thought.'

"Most 3-year-olds want to be doctors or teachers or a fireman or a nurse. Not many 3-year-olds say 'I want to be a violinist.' So from a very young age my mind was opened up to different possibilities than the norm, especially growing up in Tennessee and Texas.

Read On

0 comments: