Thursday, July 23, 2009

Full Nelsan: Breakout star of HBO’s ‘True Blood’ bares all

Breakout is exactly right ! From Boston Herald

Now that the second season of HBO’s “True Blood” is under way, Nelsan Ellis finally can talk.

Since the first-season finale last November, he had been dodging questions about his character’s fate. The Illinois native plays fan-favorite Lafayette Reynolds on the series, whose ratings have skyrocketed this season.

In the books the series is based on, Lafayette was killed early on and many feared the same fate would befall Ellis’ character.

“I was getting very upset with getting asked that question a million times a day,” Ellis said and then laughed during a recent telephone interview from Los Angeles.

“My father would call me four or five times a week and say, ‘Your Aunt Esther, she wants to know if you’re dying. She just wants to know.’ Or, ‘My friends from work want to know if you’re dying.’ ”

But soon after everyone learned Lafayette lived, a new question arose. Now everyone wants to know if Lafayette, who survived being kidnapped by vampire Eric (Alexander Skarsgard), will be turned into a vampire.

“I personally don’t want to be a vampire,” he said. “I would say Lafayette should be a vampire in the very last season, but up until that point, I don’t think he should be a vampire

read on

2 comments:

SarahFW said...

Viola Davis as Lafayette's Mother?

Heavenly!

Unknown said...

My parents are dead.