Friday, July 24, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse books now available on PlayAway


Now what the hell is a playaway ?
Think those audio tour devices you get at museums ..yeah, kind of like that.
One book is loaded on one device and the device is available for rent or sale. Charlaine and Johanna Parker ( the voice of the Sookie books) did the Playaway event recently at TLA


Charlaine wrote ..

Before the Recorded Books event, I met the wonderful actress who “does” the Sookie books, Johanna Parker. I felt an instant rapport with Johanna, and we got along like a house afire. We were the entertainment at the Recorded Books party, where all the guests received a free PlayAWay of DEAD AND GONE. (This was all new technology to me, and I enjoyed creating some of the men who’d made it possible; the people who designed the technology, and the staff of PlayAWay, who put it all together.) Johanna, who is talented, bright, and attractive, read selections from the books, and then I commented. We both answered questions. I think the librarians attending had a great time. I know I did.


Check them out here

1 comments:

Mychell said...

I will admit I am biased because I am a librarian, but playaways are great! They are like a preloaded MP3 player. All you need are your earbuds a AAA battery and off you go. You don't have to carry around your cd player and multiple cds anymore!