Monday, July 6, 2009

'True Blood': You Ask, I Answer on Lafayette's fate, 'True' love lives & more


HBO staked us with a "True Blood" rerun last night. No good. But today, I'm answering a few of your "TB" questions to keep you satiated 'til next Sunday...

Any scoop on summer scripted shows like "True Blood"? They seem to be dragging out Lafayette's fate. I guess the next episode we get somewhere finally? -kellek
Um, sort of. Seems to me Lafayette wasn't made a Vampire, since he will end up drinking Eric's blood in order to heal his wounds... but I'm still not super clear on the whole Vampire deal. Do Vamp's ever suck on each other for strength? What I know for sure is that Eric's blood brings our boy Lafayette back to fighting form. We'll see the happy-go-lucky guy we loved last season once again.

What's up with Eggs and Tara? Is it over? -Kate
Ha, oh hells no.
From Korbi


I love the idea of Hoyt and Jessica on "True Blood"! -P
Hoyt loves the idea too. Jessica's into it as well, but I don't think she's exactly a one man kind of vampiress... not just yet anyway.

Am I imagining the overwhelming sexual tension between Jason Stackhouse and the preacher's wife on "True Blood"? Is something going to happen with that? -Maria
No to the former. Yes to the latter. Keep watching, you're not waiting for nothing.

Sookie and Eric! Is Alan Ball going to completely ignore that storyline from the book series? -Paula
Nope. When I spoke to Stephen Moyer about what's coming up with S&E, he got a little jealous. I think he was joking... for the most part.

I read on Twitter that you weren't a big fan of last week's "True Blood" episode. It was a little disappointing compared to the first two. -Jan
No worries, they step it back up this coming Sunday...

Psyched for what's on tap? Anything specific you're hoping to see this season?

Oh, I keep forgetting to show you guys a photo of the SAG Foundation's "True Blood" event with Stephen Moyer, which I moderated a couple weeks ago. Great guy. Anna Paquin's a lucky girl. He looks hot with a little color in his face, no?

http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2009/07/true-blood-you-ask-i-answer.html

3 comments:

EIBBED said...

I hope Alan Ball does not leave out the Eric and Sookie story line.

They way Sookie acted on episode 3 was very tempting for me to stop watching her treat eric like that. I don't think she was like that in the books? Can't wait till she sees the caring side of Eric, and I am still very upset that Lafayette did not die like in the book, unless Alan Ball is trying to make Mary Ann responsible for all the orgies and Lafayette gets killed at one of them later in the show...who knows where AB is taking this, and I just hope I get my E/S fix onscreen!

mydoglikesbeer said...

I don't care if we ever see Eric/Sookie on screen. The chemistry between Bill/SM and Sookie/AP is fabulous. So far, she has NONE with eric/AS. AB doesn't need to go there. He has enough other stories going, he can make up his own for Eric.

TeamEricSookie said...

It's inevitable. We will see the Eric and Sookie relationship play out on TB, but it won't happen as it did in the book series (for those who have read the books).

Alan Ball will have to juggle keeping both vamp camps happy. There is absolutely no doubt that Bill/Stephen & Sookie/Anna have great chemistry, but I do see the tension building up between Sookie/Anna and Eric/Alex. They're professional actors so they will make the chemistry work regardless as to whom they are sharing the scenes with.

=^..^=