Sunday, July 5, 2009

True Blood's Queen Sophie Anne: For Evan Rachel Wood, 'Whatever Works'


From Pottstown Mercury

Move aside, Oprah. It might be time to crown Evan Rachel Wood the new Queen of All Media. The actress best known for roles in "Thirteen," "Across the Universe" and "The Wrestler" is expanding her realm to include TV and Broadway.

Beginning in February 2010, Wood will portray Mary-Jane in a musical production of "Spider-Man," which "Lion King" director Julie Taymor and members of U2 have adapted from the Marvel comics. Until then, Wood can be seen on HBO's hit neck-biter drama "True Blood" as a 400-year-old vampire queen.

Read on

2 comments:

Alex the Girl said...

Well, although I like her work, I don't think she's young enough to play Sophie. Sophie was sixteen when she was turned, and I think Ms. Woods might have a hard time pulling off sixteen.

Anonymous said...

I watched True Blood last night, and I have to say -- she was absolutely awful. Unbearably so. I hope she is not around too long on the series, because she sucks. (No pun intended.) ;-)