Monday, September 7, 2009

Anna Paquin Stephen Moyers interviews with NW

How’s life as a blonde?
It’s very high maintenance.

It must be...
Yeah it turns out my hair grows really fast and I have really dark hair naturally so, you know, this even the tiniest bit of roots, not okay. But now that we’re wrapped it’s okay because I’m not suppose to look like a natural blonde but not really a fan for sitting still for the hairdresser once every ten days for a couple hours. Makes me feel really vain and nutty.

Do people treat you differently?
It’s such a cliché but yes. I really didn’t think that was going to be the case, but people stare at blonde girls. It’s funny. It’s bright and shiny and it catches the light. Like a magpie.

Do they think you’re less intelligent?
I sometimes get that sense, yes.

Why does the world like vampires so much right now?
The honest answer is I don’t know. I mean they’re dangerous and sexy and most films and TV shows cast very good-looking people which probably helps!

How is it working with your fiancé Stephen Moyer?

He’s great. He’s really talented, and so is every other member of our cast and crew and writing staff and directors I mean, we have, we have such an amazing group of people and it’s a real treat.

read on



How are you enjoying this crazy role?
I’m having a lovely time, thank you very much.

Is it difficult to have an on/off screen relationship with Anna Paquin?
Our relationship obviously started at the beginning of the show. We got together because we loved being together and created the thing in the first place. So I think this might be easier because the crew has grown up with us, watching us as a couple and we feel comfortable with them. So, we are able in some ways to explore an intimacy which maybe some people aren’t able to.

Was it love at first sight?
No, we both were absolutely single and we were doing this job and HBO puts us in the same hotel. We were the only two out of towners as everybody else lived in LA.

And there’s nothing else to do, right?
[Laughs.] That’s right. There was nothing else to do! No, we just had some time off so we started hanging out together and literally finished the pilot, went home and felt very strange not being together suddenly. And I think we were both really surprised about that. Really nicely surprised by that.

Is it hard not to talk about work non-stop?
That’s a good question. I’ve never thought about that. I don’t think we do. Certainly, I’ve got enough going on in my life that work is not my be -all-and-end-all and it certainly isn’t Anna’s. We do talk about that a lot. Of course we do, but it’s don’t think anymore excessively than any other couple.

Are you comfortable with all the racy scenes? Happy with your sock?
I love the sock! Everyone has got a different size sock, as you can imagine.

read on

0 comments: