Friday, September 18, 2009

Bloody Cool: Vampire-Inspired Interiors

Shelter Pop looks at Bill's house decorating skills

I'm officially hooked. After a friend tipped me off to the Swedish vampire film, Let The Right One In, I realized I've been watching a lot of vampires, both on the small and big screens. Specifically, I'm one of the many that tune into HBO's True Blood, based on the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.

And I couldn't help but notice vampire Bill Compton's good taste. As a decorator, he's actually pretty good. He seems to have gotten the Southern Gothic look just right (John Derian would sure be proud), mixing antiques in a not-too precious way. He also seems to be really good at lighting (not too bright!), and has a great collection of ancestral portraits and velvet-upholstered sofas -- very George Smith. And is that a Moroccan Berber rug I spotted in Episode Two?

read on

0 comments: