Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our Audiobook of the Year from Audible.com A Touch of Dead best collection.

Our Audiobook of the Year

The Help really ran away with the win this year. Not only is it the highest-rated audiobook of 2009, but it is also the highest-rated audiobook of all time. And, in the less-than-scientific, but more-than-passionate opinion of the editors The Help was the book that truly stole our hearts in 2009. And not just ours - you, our listeners, also voted overwhelmingly to make it this year's Customer Favorite.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I was pretty shocked at this until I realized there were so few "collections" books at Audible. On Amazon, with 201 reviews, it has 3 out of 5 stars. Most complaints were that it was so short and that not even one new story was included. I got my copy from the library just today. I knew it was all old material and that I had already read all of the stories, but decided it was a good chance to read them again. But I was shocked at how little there was to the book, which retailed for $23.95. There are only 192 pages, about 20 of which are blank, have the story's title, or a drawing. The print is spaced at 1.5 lines. It only takes a few minutes to read each story. The Audible book is 3 hours and something. The regular books are usually between 8 and 9 hours. I'm an Audible member and have all 9 of the regular Sookie books. I did not get this one. There is nothing wrong with the stories. It's just that it is so short and has no new material. A new story or 2 would have been nice. In fact, there was room for a novella.