You know Ol' Dallas can be a bit cynical, but I have just loved the new Sookie Stackhouse Companion book that was released this week. Make sure you buy this one - you will love it too.
This recipe this week is from the book and is in the wonderful recipe section found in the book. The map of Bon Temps is worth the purchase alone ... but the special Sookie novella, Small Town Wedding has Sookie going on a trip with Sam and the Quinn relationship is resolved ....
THE OFFICIAL BLURB:Charlaine Harris has topped the bestseller charts and has become a nationwide phenomenon, thanks to the unconventional-and otherworldly- life of Sookie Stackhouse. Now, in her own words, Sookie gives readers a look at her family, friends, enemies, adventures, and-of course-the lovers who set her world on fire...
• Tour Bon Temps, the small Louisiana town that Sookie calls home, and visit the houses of her Gran and her sometime vampire lover, Bill
• Prowl around the werewolf and were-panther communities
• Browse through her best friend Tara's dress shop
• Belly up to the bar in Merlotte's, where Sookie works
• Get must-have Bon Temps recipes-including Caroline Bellfleur's famous chocolate cake
• Test themselves with trivia questions from the series
In honor of the Season 4 Witch War I've chosen Wicked Peach Cake from What's cookin in Bon Temps chapter. Peaches are plentiful and cheap and maybe you need something to bring to that Labor Day picnic or True Blood finale party!
Wicked Peach Cake
1 pkg. peach Jell-O
1/2 c. Peach schnapps
3-4 good sized peaches chopped to make 1 1/2 cups
Let cake cool and turn onto cake plate . Mix together 1/4 cups schnapps and powdered sugar to amke glaze. Poke several holes in top of cake with ice pick ( I use a wooden spoon ) before drizzling the glaze over cake. Add more schnapps if glaze is too thick ( haha) !!