Thursday, January 8, 2009

Catching up with Anna Paquin

[from July 11, 2008]

She’s the youngest-ever Academy Award winner (only 11!) and a Columbia University grad. Now "The Piano’s" Anna Paquin is back on TV in the upcoming HBO vampire series "True Blood."

The newly blonde New Zealander stars as Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress at a Louisiana diner who falls into the clutches of bloodsucker Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer).
The Post caught up with the sexy star in LA yesterday...

Q: Why do you think people are so fascinated with vampires?
AP: Because they are sexy. They are dangerous. What girl doesn’t like a bad boy?

Q: You have some sexy outfits on the show...
AP: My wardrobe is awesome! I am practically naked the entire time. What is not to love? [laugh] And they give me this nice spray tan, so I feel like I am sort of wearing an extra layer of clothing that is actually not really there. I feel quite naked actually. Or I did. I bought a lot of little tiny shorts to wear around on set.

Q: How do you stay in shape?
AP: I work out. I go to the gym. I run. I box. I do Pilates. I take dance classes. And I am now learning to skateboard, which is actually a lot harder than it looks.

Q: Where are you living these days?
AP: Well, I am not living in New York where I have been living for the past 8 years because my lease was up. So now I am staying out here (in LA). But I am kind of... a gypsy!

Q: Where is your Oscar now that you are a gypsy?
AP: It is at my brothers house... I think. [laughs]

Q: Are you attracted to the bad boy, like the vampire, in real life? What’s your type?
AP: I don’t have a type. I like smart people. Nice people. Good people.

Q: Is the blonde hair helping you find someone like that?
AP: I do okay for myself. [laughs]

- Sean Daly http://blogs.nypost.com/tv/archives/2008/07/catching_up_wit.html


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AP is not a graduate of Columbia University. She only went there for one year! She mentions this in several interviews and it is also in her Wikipedia profile.