Tuesday, February 3, 2009

True Blood HBO Wiki gets praise from a husband!

We don't all have long suffering spouses -some of our husbands and boyfriends are very understanding and even happy that we have found something that we so enjoy!

So there I was watching HBO..and my wife's name flashes on the screen during a promo for the very popular HBO vampire show True Blood. The producers regularly scan the fan forum and quote the best comments from the super fans.

I thought I was a fanboy!

HBO Original Series turns out some of the most memorable, dark, and dramatic TV shows anywhere. There are fans of HBO and then there are FANS!
HBO hosts the True Blood Wiki, where the very devoted fanatics of the show, like my wife, come to bond and team-up in online cliques to discuss red wine, vampire affairs, human/ Vampire relations and Milano cookies.

The show is based on the very popular novels- the Sookie Stackhouse Series- by Charlaine Harris. My books have been banished to a lower shelf in place of these 'Sookie' novels.
And no, I'm not jealous of all of the giggling, school girl, fandom..like some of the other True Blood spouses apparently are. The show's creators apparently read the fan forums to get ideas and to gauge audience response, pretty cool.

Anyways..A shout out to the 'Bill on the brain', bunch over on the TB Wiki..and also to my fellow True Blood spouses, at least Entourage is great this season.

It's not TV, it's HBO.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Believe it or not, these guys exist. Not so very long ago, my husband called to me from the family room. "Hey honey, you have to check out this new Vampire show on HBO. It's hot." And the rest is history.

Anonymous said...

Wow! My husband will be THRILLED that his post from his website
(www.rollinggeorge.com) got noticed by you. And my name gets thrown out there more too!!!
I was shocked to find out from some wiki friends about this post, but I am really excited that it is there!

" Dallas " said...

haha It was a great post, tell him I'm honeored to have it!
I didn't have an email for you so I facebooked you when I first posted it - check there you'll see !

Thanks to you all!

"D"