Sunday, March 1, 2009

Vampire Diaries snags Steve McQueen's grandson

from Jane at TVSquad

I'm neck-deep in the midst of a vampire obsession. I'm one of the Twi-hards eagerly awaiting the Nov. 20 release of Stephenie Meyer's next vamp-flick, New Moon. I was immediately sucked into HBO's True Blood, and can't wait for its return in May.

I recently sped through the short-lived Moonlight and fell in love with Mick St. John. And its taken me all of about a week to get to season three of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (though I don't know if I can take much more of the on again-off again romance of Buffy and Angel - don't tell me how it plays out).

I'm sure I'll be equally enthralled with The CW pilot, Vampire Diaries. It doesn't hurt that Steven R. McQueen, grandson of the legendary Steve McQueen has landed a lead role. I bet even those not as enamored with vamps will tune in just to see him: Does he look like his grandfather? Act like him? Have the same "something"?

And there are other reasons to tune in, too. The pilot is helmed by Kevin Williamson, the brains behind Scream and Dawson's Creek. The story centers on two vampire brothers -- one good and one evil -- both vying for the soul of a young girl named Elena, as well as the souls of her friends and family in the small town where they live. Sounds like a winner to me.

McQueen will play Jeremy, Elena's outcast younger brother. You may have also seen him as Kyle Hunter on The WB's Everwood.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/03/01/vampire-diaries-snags-steve-mcqueens-grandson/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ELENA DOESN'T HAVEA YOUNGER BROTHER ! THIS IS TERRIBLE !SHE HAS A MUCH YOUNGER SISTER!