Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello. My name is Daisy, and I'm a vampoholic.

hahahha great and funny post from Dreaming up Daisy

You see this lady. She looks innocent. Sweet. Grandmotherly. Right?

Well BEWARE!!! She's a smack-pusher. A tease. And I gladly shell out $3-$6.99 for her junk (depending whether I can find it at the used bookstore or not).

For those of you who don't know her face, this is Charlaine Harris, author of the Southern Vampire Mysteries, aka Sookie Stackhouse Series, aka the books on which the HBO show True Blood was based.

I started out watching the show, as I am a lover of most things vampire: The Lost Boys, Buffy, Angel, and even Saturday the 14th. I say "most" because I still can't force myself to read the Twilight series, as my well-trusted book friends tell me that *I* personally would not enjoy the book due to the poor writing style of the author. I trust those friends (and Stephen King). But this blog isn't about Twilight, it's about Ms. Harris.

Read on here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this whole article tonight...I pretty much feel the same way as Daisy. I started on CH's books long before AB found them and started "using". THEN started "pushing" to my friends. I've since hooked up with her other books...I love Sookie and love Lily even more!

I'm hooked...and don't mind telling everyone. dicat

Anonymous said...

The Twilight books are awesome ! What does Stephen King expect when she wrote her first book ? He needed to at least read The Host and Breaking Dawn they were written very well. Anyways away from my Twilight rant this article was ok and I have tried to get my friends to read more than one of the Sookie books but they won't :(

Anonymous said...

I think the Twilight books are great also. I don't know why you wouldn't read them based on what people say. I've read some of Stephen Kings book and to be honestly I didn't like them ! I rather enjoy a book for it's entertainment than for it's writing value. The Sookie books are good but it jumps around alot and lacks some things and I've been trying to get my Twilight friends to read it but they didn't even like the show so we shouldn't judge something without even trying them.