Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Don't Want to Know' the title song for True Blood Season One Episode Ten

I recently did a Season 2 Spoiler show for my Blogtalk radio show, where we looked at what we might know about the upcoming episode by knowing and examining the title song for that episode.

I can't tell you how many emails I received from folks saying they felt so stupid for not realizing that the True Blood episodes were named for songs. It's OK but I thought it might be a good idea to look back at the song, the artist and the lyrics for each of last season's episode title songs.


So let's look back to Season 1, Ep 10 I Don't Want to Know which originally aired: November 9, 2008

"I Don't Want to Know" is from Dr John 1998 album entitled Anutha Zone.

Malcolm John "Mac" Rebennack, Jr. (born November 21, 1940), better known by the stage name Dr. John (also Dr. John Creaux), is an American singer/songwriter, pianist and guitarist whose music combines blues, boogie woogie and rock and roll.
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, his professional musical career began in New Orleans in the 1950s.

~~
Long before Mac Rebennack emerged as the king of good-times New Orleans grooves, he had crafted a far spookier persona. As Dr. John the Night Tripper on his 1968 debut album, Gris-Gris, he was an emissary from a demimonde of dank Louisiana swamps, mysterious spells and voodoo chicanery. Now, on his new album, Anutha Zone, Dr. John attempts to summon the twilit magic of that earlier era through a surprising collaboration with a host of contemporary British alchemists.

Rolling Stone biography HERE

You can hear the song here

And I don't want to know about evil
Only want to know about love
I don't want to know about evil
Only want to know about love.

Sometimes it gets so hard to listen
Hard for me to use my eyes
And all around the cold is glistening
Making sure it keeps me down to size.

And I don't want to know about evil
Only want to know about love
I don't want to know one thing about evil
Only want to know about love.

I'm waiting for the planes to tumble
Waiting for the towns to fall
I'm waiting for the cities to crumble
Waiting till I see you crawl.

Yes it's getting hard to listen
Hard for us to use our eyes
Cause all around that gold is glistening
Making sure it keeps us hypnotized.

And I don't want to know about evil
I only want to know about love
I don't want to know about evil
Only want to know about love.

I don't want to know anything about evil
Only want to know about love
I don't want to know about evil
Only want to know about love.


0 comments: