Saturday, August 29, 2009

Exclusive Interview with Chris ( Barry the BellBoy) Coy

from True Blood News

Barry the Bellboy, played by Chris Coy, made his debut in episode 4 of season 2. I have read the books and I think he did a remarkable job in bringing the Barry character to life.

Chris Coy had a passion for acting at a young age. He grew up in Sarasota City Florida in a small town called North Port. He made the leap to Hollywood, California, and at 23 has landed a role in Alan Ball’s True Blood. We had a chance to talk with Chris about his acting and his awesome martial art skills.

TB-N: You graduated from North Port HS in Florida; did you spend your entire childhood there?

I was born in Louisville, Kentucky and moved to Florida when I was 4. So yea, i guess you could say I grew up in North Port.

TB-N: Can you describe the casting process you went through for the role as Barry the Bellboy?

Initially it was pretty typical, I auditioned and got the callback later that day. However, when I walked into the room for the second time and realized I was performing for Alan Ball, I have to admit a very unfamiliar chill crept up my spine. I’ve been a huge fan of his for years and to say the very least, it was an incredible moment for me. Unforgettable.


Read on

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thats so cool I live in Sarasota,FL he moved here but still its nice to see someone from the show that practically grew up in Sarasota,FL were about the same age i will be 22 this year and he is 23..he did wonderful job with bringing Barry the Bell Boy pop right out of the book Living Dead in Dallas,wonder if we will see more of him to come if they are going to use the books as a skeleton for each season.

" Dallas " said...

He and the writers ACED Barry0 the books as a skeleton is a good description.

Rita said...

Chris did a great job,but i would
still like to know what happened to him.