Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stephen Moyer and proposing to Anna in Hawaii

OK, I'm a but stumped - Stephen Moyer says about where he proposed to Anna in the latest interview.

He went down on one knee on a beach in Hawaii, after being inspired by a music track from the bloodthirsty series.

“There was a song in the first season, ‘White Sandy Beach in Hawaii,’ which was kind of funny and ironic… [It] all started out as a joke and then we decided to go to Hawaii with my kids this year,” Stephen explained of what led them to his proposal location.

He says , "White Sandy Beach' sung by Big Ears" hmmm ? I looked back through my playlist from season one and I did not see that song.

You guys help ...when was that used ?


Watch video here


I saw you in my dreams
We were walking hand in hand
On a white, sandy beach of Hawaii
We were playing in the sun
We were having so much fun
on a white, sandy beach of Hawaii

The sound of the ocean
soothes my restless soul
The sound of the ocean
rocks me all night long

Those hot long summer days
Lying there in the sun
on a white, sandy beach of Hawaii

The sound of the ocean
soothes my restless soul
The sound of the ocean
rocks me all night long

Last night in my dreams
I saw your face again
We were there in the sun
on a white, sandy beach of Hawaii

6 comments:

Rita said...

Dallas! i have never heard the song
don't remember it.I don't know if
Trueblood wiki would still have the
section but they had all the music
from last season,but i don't believe
that song was in it.

Rita said...

Dallas! i looked up season 1 and did not find any song like it.The only
thing i found was on(Sparks Fly Out)
said unknown score-Nathan Barr?
end credits.

Anonymous said...

My guess is that they used it on set for a scene and in post-production they changed songs either because of a cost issue, or a different song worked better.

They only Hawaiian song I recall is in S1, E4 when Bill is driving Sookie to Fangtasia for the first time.

datvamp said...

I can't recall hearing that song on True Blood Season 1 or 2. I live in Hawaii and Bruddah IZ was an icon to us (when he went solo and when he was with Makaha). It is just sad that only now Hollywood is truly appreciating his works. If my memory serves right IZ died more than 10 years ago. His music was captivating. I'm glad Hawaii has some links to their proposal.

Anonymous said...

How romantic. Can't wait to see wedding photos even though they said they are taking it real slow

" Dallas " said...

datvamp I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this this morning

Yes i guess it was in the show and they changed it ....