Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mehcad Brooks moves from True Blood to The Deep End


I'm sort of glad to hear that Mehcad Brooks is leaving HBO's True Blood to join the cast of ABC's midseason legal drama The Deep End. At least, I hope that's what it means.

Between his character Benedict "Eggs" Talley, whiny Tara Thornton, and shaky Maryann Forrester, I won't be sorry to see that whole storyline come to an end. And if my recent conversation with Alan Ball means what I think it means, Brooks probably won't be returning. Well, maybe. Stay tuned for that interview.

While Brooks' recent roles have given him plenty of fodder to work with -- he also starred as a mysterious guy with a troubled past on Desperate Housewives -- I'd like to see him in a show where he can really get down and dirty. The Deep End is set at a prestigious law firm, and Brooks will play an associate named Malcolm Bennet.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/09/03/mehcad-brooks-moves-from-true-blood-to-the-deep-end/

5 comments:

Rita said...

Well when i read this i pretty much
know that Eggs is a goner.Sorry Tara

Rose said...

Yeah, but my gut feeling is that Maryann will have Eggs perform the ritual sacrifice to Dionysus, with our girl Sookie as the offering. Of course Sookie prevails, knifes Eggs, alienates Tara, and puts the kibosh to the plans for the BFFs to be roomies.

Rita said...

Why did they not wait till True Blood
was over before they told this? My
brain dose not work well when i am
sick.You know it sucks cause it ruins
the Ep.for a lot of people who are waiting to see the last episode.

Jasperann said...

Well I didn't think Eggs was going to be in it for the long haul with TB anyways. Just with Tara's speech about how hurt she'd be if she lost him. It was a big finger pointer in that direction.

SarahFW said...

I'm sorry, but even with Sookie's forgiving heart, Tara's done a lot of really sorry crap when she WASN'T bug-eyed. Namely inviting someone to live in Sookie's house without permission who then trashed the hell out of it, being openly cruel and selfish, and on and on. I think it's gonna be a LOOOOOOONG time before Tara fully redeems herself.