Wednesday, May 20, 2009

True Blood Cast iTunes playlist :Anna Paquin’s list

Anna Paquin’s Itunes Playlist

1. Such Great Height by Iron & Wine: “The words to this song, particularly the opening really capture what being in love feels like to me.”
2. Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin: “I was probably 5 or 6 when I learned how to use our record player and started listening to my parents’ Janis Joplin LP obsessively.”
3. White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes: “My boyfriend got me hooked on Fleet Foxes and through this song.”
4. Parting Gift by Fiona Apple: “Fiona writes about the female experience in such a beautiful and insightful way. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a mood that there isn’t a song of hers to match.”
5. Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple: “I saw her in concert and arrived just in time for this song. It just makes me so happy!”
6. My Iron Lung by Radiohead: “This album makes me think of my sister.”
7. Closer by Nine Inche Nails: “This one goes out to ’sad little goth girls’ everywhere.”
8. Ur So Gay by Kate Perry:”I listened to this song every morning on repeat when I was in Latvia last year working. For some reason it helped me wake up.”
9. Here Comes You Man by Pixies: “Great band, great song.”
10. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyoncé: “How can you not love this song? It makes me wanna dance every time I hear it.”
11. Bathtime In Clerkenwell by The Real Tuesday Weld: “Music to run to.”
12. Over The Hill And Far Away by Led Zeppelin: “I’ve gotta credit Cameron Crowe with getting me heavily into Led Zeppelin.”
13. Glory Box by Portishead: “I have some crazy/cool memories associated with this whole album.”
14. I’m Shipping Up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys: “Music to box to! (Yes, Clay Burwell I’m talking to you!)”
15. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley: “I love this song but not as much as I love my boyfriend’s cover on his ukulele. He has an extraordinary voice.”

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMix?id=316401385&s=143441&wm=1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Stephen Moyer and Alan Ball both have playlists there, as well.

sthrnvampgirl said...

I share a lot of these favorites as well in my playlist. Jeff Buckley, Janis Joplin, Led Zepplin... great taste Anna