Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Go ask Dallas: What's up with that yellow sweater outfit we see Sookie wearing in the True Blood trailer?

Hey "D"

What's up with this outfit ? This isn't what she's wearing in the books is it ?

Thanks, V

Hey "V"

There has been lots of buzz, and none of it good about what Sookie is wearing as she arrives in Dallas on Anubis Air in the promo video.


Anyone know where you can buy (or not buy) this sweater ?

This is NOT the outfit she is wearing in the book. She is wearing a gray suit that she bought from Tara's Togs

From Page 40 Living Dead in Dallas

"You look very pretty, Sookie. Your clothes are just right."

"Thanks," I said, relieved and pleased. Bill had insisted that I needed to look "professional," and after I'd said, "Professional what?" he'd given me one of thoselooks. So I was wearing a gray suit over a white
shell, with pearl earrings and a black purse and heels. I'd even smoothed my hair back into a twisted shape at the back of my head with one of those Hairagamis I'd ordered from TV.

My friend Arlene had helped me. To my mind, I looked like a professional, all right—a professional funeral home attendant—but Bill seemed to approve. And I'd charged the whole outfit to him at Tara's Togs, since it was a legitimate business expense. So I couldn't complain about the cost.

11 comments:

Ana said...

I knew it was impossible Sookie would dress something like that!! She's not rich but she hasn't exotic taste for clothes either....

Anonymous said...

The outfit looks like something Peg Bundy would wear.

Anonymous said...

I don't know... I think the yellow skirt is super cute. The sweater? Not so sure about that one. But Sookie just wouldn't be Sookie without making a few questionable fashion choices, would she? LOL.

Anonymous said...

what´s up with the to? are those flowers? it´s bad...really bad...if the whole thing was black it would be a just a little better...but yellow?!?!?!? Is she trying to be the sun for bill or something?!

Keyse said...

Yellow is popular again this season and so is floral prints

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

She looks good in it. Better than any regular person and dresses better than Sookie in the books (who has the fashion sense of PEG BUNDY).

So nuff said

Anonymous said...

They're making her look like she doesn't have any idea of whats going on in the world...

Selle Castaigneda said...

Remember the spoiler where Eric and Bill go to a Women's clothing store to buy women's "conservative" clothes? Do they buy clothes for both Jessica and Sookie and is this dress Bill and Eric's idea of a beautiful dress? Maybe, I think. I have to be honest that I think Anna Paquin wears the dress to perfection.

Anonymous said...

The sweater with yellow roses was available at Delia's (www.delias.com) last year. I know because I own it. :)

Anonymous said...

http://store.delias.com/item.do?itemID=50424&categoryID=530&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=