Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fan Art II another talented fan creates a Bill doll


Wow, from Nina Mason dolls ..

I didn't realize I was going to attract the attention of Stephen Moyer fans with my little post yesterday about making a Bill Compton doll. But since it looks like I have, and since I've nearly finished him today, I thought I'd post a few preliminary pictures. Notice that he's wearing Civil War era attire. The boots are sculpted and painted, as are his face, torso and hands. His pants are the high-waisted style of the period, supported by braces that cross in the back and attach with little leather bits (from vintage kid gloves) and brass buttons. The pants themselves are a charcoal/navy cashmere with a tiny texture running through the fabric. His shirt is a three-button style, open to show his manly chest. I didn't give him a waistcoat because I didn't want to cover his braces. Although I am tempted, because I'd like to give him a pocket watch. I did give him a full-length duster because, well, let's face it, dusters are sexy.

read on here

2 comments:

Rita said...

I read the article and the artist is
very good.

Lady Jane said...

Wow pretty cool