Friday, January 16, 2009

The books also always includes the word 'dead' in the title...

I had always heard that Charlaine worked the title of each book into the text of that book.
These are the ones I found, what I've missed ?

Pg 109 book 1
And I knew that now, while I lay here awake-listening to the birds chirping their morning sounds and the trucks beginning to rumble down the road while all over Bon Temps people were getting up and putting on the coffee and fetching their papers and planning their day-that the creature I loved was lying somewhere in a hole underground, to all intents and purposes dead until dark.

Pg 37 book 3
"The vamp that owns it calls it Josephine's," he said, just as quietly. "But Weres call it Club Dead." I thought about laughing, but the inner door opened just then. The doorman was a goblin.

Pg 35 book4
"Um-hum," he whispered. I was on my back, so comfortable I could not contemplate moving. He was on his side facing me, and he put an arm across my waist. But he didn't move another inch, and he relaxed completely. After a moment's tension, I did, too, and then I was dead to the world.

Pg 66 book 5
Andy beckoned to the woman in hospital scrubs who'd been waiting by her car-which made maybe five cars in my front yard, plus the fire truck. This new arrival glanced at me curiously as she walked past to the huddled form in the bushes. Pulling a stethoscope from a pocket, she knelt by the man and listened to various parts of his body. "Yep, dead as a doornail," she called.


Pg 92 book 6
"I thought at first," Amelia burbled on, "that it might be like when someone dies and their death notice is in the paper.... Why don't you try sending in a few lines about Hadley? But you know how vamps gossip, so I guess a few people heard she was definitely dead, dead for the second time. Especially after Waldo vanished from the court. Everyone knows he didn't care for Hadley. And then, too, vamps don't have funerals.

Pg ? bk 9
"But my grandmother had been dead for over a year now, and I’d never be able to ask her about it. Her husband had passed away years before. Niall had told me that my biological grandfather Fintan, too, was dead and gone." ( thanks Objectdesire)

0 comments: