Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Barbie Goes Vampire

So if we can have Twilight Barbies why not a Eric/Ken Doll ? Someone call Mattel !

Barbie has reached a new level. It was considered a milestone to develop an African-American Barbie doll...well, now they've gone inter-species on us by developing a vampire Barbie! Mattel announced they're coming out with Twilight Barbie dolls. Joy. They've got "Barbie" Bella and "Ken" Edward. Photos of the dolls have been revealed already, and I'm disappointed to not see any pics of them in ski wear. I specifically asked Stephanie Meyer

(Twilight author and doll designer) to dress them in some of those new hemp ski jackets I'm excited about. She sounded super stoked on the idea, but I guess she was just jerkin my chain. So what does a vampire Barbie doll offer? I don't really see how these dolls will be any different from other Barbies, except for the fact that when you rip off the vampire Barbie's head, it grows back. And then it eats you. Have fun kids!

Pre-order 29.95 HERE ( November 1, 2009)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool I guess...

But just so you know they already went interspecies a few months ago.
When Star Trek came out, they made a Lt. Uhura, Capt. Kirk, and a Spock doll, so even though Spock's half human he's still half Vulcan.
:)
Just sayin'... :)
Even if it's Twilight I still think it's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

OH WAIT! I forgot. Lord of the Rings. They made two of the Elves into dolls. Legolas and Galadriel.
Sorry, now I'm just being annoying.

Chair said...

Quite like the look of thew Edward dolls hair. Shame about the clothes, not very romantic at all.

" Dallas " said...

I do not think you are annoying LadySara -thanks for the info

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they make an Eric/Ken doll it can be life size?? just saying lol

Anonymous said...

make a bill and sookie doll and come in the same box. :)