Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Milwaukee Talks: "True Blood" actress Kristin Bauer

From On Milwaukee ALSO listen to a podcast about her wedding

Racine native Kristin Bauer keeps herself busy. In addition to playing Pam, the vampire club owner on HBO's hit show, "True Blood," Bauer is also an artist, an animal rights activist and a new bride who got married on her family's farm.

Bauer has 53 credited television and film projects -- everything from "Seinfeld" to "Desperate Housewives" to "Boston Legal" and now, "True Blood," which she says is her favorite project yet.

With "True Blood" approaching its season-two finale, we caught up with Bauer by phone to discuss "man hands," her newfound recognition, her memories of Mayfair Mall and more. Enjoy this latest Milwaukee Talks.

OnMilwaukee.com: What's it like working on a show that some critics are calling one of the best on TV?

Kristin Bauer: It's incredible, surreal and unexpected.

OMC: What part of it is unexpected? Because I've watched every episode of "True Blood" and knew it was a pretty unique show from day one.

KB: I don't know if it's me having been in the business a bit and have gotten my hopes up so many times, because there's so much about filming that I can't control. I've done some amazing things that people didn't really see, and some crappy things that everybody saw. I somehow have to focus on just saying the words and then forget about it. I assumed it would be amazing because of (executive producer) Alan Ball, and I love vampires, and the cast is so incredible. I was working on another show, and halfway through the hair and makeup, someone said, "We just have to tell you we love 'True Blood,' and you're incredible as Pam!" They were giving me attention that seems different than the other hit shows that I've been on like "Seinfeld." There's a real mysterious component to this level of interest.

read on

2 comments:

Rita said...

Let us hope and pray that kristin
gets a lot more air time and gets her home up there close to her family.

Lady Jane said...

I keep saying Pam needs more air time

She is great.