Thursday, May 28, 2009

Being Human BBC series about A Werewolf, A Vampire and A Ghost living as Flatmates is Moving To America

From i09

The supernatural beasties are coming over from across the pond. Being Human is finally going to get some American air time, which means no more choppy YouTubey scrap-watching for me.

The series, which literally is about a young werewolf, vampire and ghost all sharing a flat in Bristol together, is like Friends, if the cast mates sometimes murdered people and turned them into bloodsucking immortals and wolf people.

The bumbly little fellow who plays the mild-mannered werewolf, George, is awfully endearing, you should tune in just for him. The ghost is a obnoxious dead lady, but pehaps I would be too if I was stuck wearing the same clothes forever. All in all, its a cute little series (from what I've seen) and if it stays on the "troubles with dating a werewolf" path it will continue that way. Sadly it looks like it's veering off into some strange vampire war that I can't particularly understand, and I'm not sure I care for.

http://io9.com/5271562/a-werewolf-a-vampire-and-a-ghost-flatmates-are-moving-to-america

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooohhhhh......I love this show! We still haven't got it here in Australia (if we ever will!) but my sister got the dvds from amazonUK and it rocks! Anyone who thinks they might give it a miss because it sounds lame needs to check it out.....it's much, much better than the desription suggests. And Mitchell's right up there with the TB vamps in terms of hotness.....

Rose said...

@althea: I agree, this is a fun show. The storylines are entertaining, and the dialogue and acting are great, as well. I recommend that you try to track down the pilot episode. The characters of the vampire and the ghost were played by different actors, who I wish they had kept in the series. The ghost played it kinda ditsy, which added an air of levity, and Mitchell the vampire was even hotter (IMO). Maybe those actors got better offers. Who knows?