Thursday, May 28, 2009

True Blood Season 2 Possible Title Song: Ep. 10 "New World In My View"

This is exciting ! We now (might) know the titles of the first 11 episodes of True Blood for Season 2.

Now the one thing we know for sure about True Blood is that the episode names come from the a song used in in the soundtrack of that episode and that it is somehow significant to that episode.

So far for Season 2 we have :
Episode 2.01 - Nothing but the Blood
Episode 2.02 - Keep this Party Going
Episode 2.03 - Changed to Scratches from Scratch My Back
Episode 2.04 - Changed to Shake and Fingerpop from Let's Take a Trip Together
Episode 2.05 - Never let me go
Episode 2.06 - Friend is a Four Letter Word
Episode 2.07 - Release me
Episode 2.08 - Timebomb
Episode 2.09 - I will rise up

All we know about Season 2 spoilers, casting calls etc. can be found here
All Season 2 videos ( including my great slide shows) here

We know that Alan Ball and the amazing Gary Calamar put great effort into musically curating True Blood !

Episode 2.10 - New World In My View , this is only my guess, I just research the various songs with the leaked title and come up with a song I think it might be.

I think it might be New World in My View by Sister Getrude Morgan, the remix by King Britt y0u can hear them both versions here

All Things Considered, did a great report on Sister Morgan in September 30, 2005 just months after Katrina.

One gem of New Orleans culture was long gone before Hurricane Katrina hit, but her music and message are poised to reach larger audiences when a Philadelphia-based production team rolls out its remix and tour.

Sister Gertrude Morgan was born in 1900 in Alabama and died in 1980. At age 39, she decided to carry God's message to what she called the "headquarters of sin," New Orleans. It was there she preached, painted -- and recorded an album.

Let's Make a Record, issued in 1970, was a cappella gospel with Morgan's tambourine as accompaniment. Though her paintings became widely collected and displayed, the album remained obscure.

Read on and you can hear the wonderful episode of All Things Considered HERE

Fascinating mini-documentary about the making of the album with King Britt.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

*whispers* This is one of my favorite albums.