Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vampire Book Anita Blake, Interview, Vampires Hunter author Laurell K. Hamilton

Almost two decades after her first appearance in Guilty Pleasures, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter returns with her 19th adventure. Out today, Bullet brings back characters from the past, as well as the usual intrigue. Author Laurell K. Hamilton spoke with EW about the music that helps her write (it’s hardcore!), what she hears from fans on the road, and how Anita became a role model.

Can you give fans a little teaser about the new book?
I’m so bad at this! I don’t want to give anything away. This is the book in many ways which some of the fans have been waiting for. When I came to this book, I’d been making notes on it for a while, some of this plot. One of the things that really helped me come up with it is the fans wanted to know certain things. They wanted to know where Monica Vespucci, who was in the first book, went. Where did she go? What happened to her baby? They wanted to have Asher have a relationship. Is such and such going to date? Leave town? They had all these questions that I never seemed to have time to put onstage. This is the book where I answer a lot of these questions. I bring everybody out and we take a deep breath. In the beginning of the book Anita is actually not solving a crime; she’s trying to have a quote unquote normal life.

read on EW


1 comments:

Sharon said...

Hopefully, my copy will be in tomorrow's mail. I'm looking forward to it.