Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Aint no grave, to hold my body down"

The Blogger Hime_um just loves everything about True Blood but especially the music - itunes has all the great show music ( but we do need a sound track CD - hint HBO!)

She writes ....

Today it will be centered around my love for music!

As I mentioned before, I am now hooked on True Blood, and not only for the vampires and sexy plotline, but I find the southern US to look so beautiful and the people seem so interesting. I love the accent, the people seem so carefree and funloving, and the music is wonderful. So of course, True Blood has an awesome soundtrack.

The season finale featured a song called "Aint No Grave" by a band names Crooked Still. The singer has the most beautiful, feminine voice I've ever heard, and mix that with the banjo and double bass....ahhhh, the album is gorgeous. So just for that reason, seeing as I am impatient and couldn't wait to see if I could find the cd in a store, (which was unlikely anyway), I made an iTunes account and got it off of there. The whole cd is great, and I've been itching to get home from work and give it another listen.

It may not seem like much, but music makes me happy quite often!
~~~~

Ain't No Grave can be listened to and watched below , it's a video from a live performance. You can buy it from Amazon in CD or itunes for song/album download.

The music from all the True Blood episodes can be found here


1 comments:

Keyse said...

I love this song and discovered it on True Blood!