Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Eric is how old ?

Bk one

Bill seemed to relax. He bowed to Eric, somehow including Pam in the gesture, backed away for two steps, finally permitting me to turn my back to the couple.
"Gee whiz, what was that about?" I asked in a furious whisper. I'd have a big bruise the next day.
"They're older than I am by centuries," Bill said, looking very vampirey.
"Is that the pecking order? By age?"
"Pecking order," Bill said thoughtfully. "That's not a bad way to put it." He almost laughed. I could tell by the way his lip twitched.

"Sookie," Bill said, and something in his voice made me take notice. "Eric has told me to bring you to Shreveport again."
It took me a second to remember who Eric was. "Oh, the big Viking vampire?"
"The very old vampire," Bill said precisely.
"You mean, he ordered you to bring me there?" I didn't like the sound of this at all. I'd been sitting on the side of the bed, Bill behind me, and now I turned to look in his face. This time he didn't stop me. I stared at Bill, seeing something in his face that I'd never seen before. "You have to do this," I said, appalled. I could not imagine someone giving Bill an order. "But honey, I don't want to go see Eric."
I could see that made no difference. "What is he, the Godfather of vampires?" I asked, angry and incredulous. "Did he give you an offer you couldn't refuse?"
"He is older than me. More to the point, he is stronger."

Bk 2
It was quite a crouch, because Eric, tall and broad, looks exactly like what he is, a former Viking. "What has happened to you?" he asked.

Bk 4
From a six-foot-five ancient Viking vampire

Bk 5
Eric slid out of the booth and rose to his considerable height-around six foot four. His mane of blond hair rippled down his back, and his blue eyes sparkled from his white, white face. Eric has bold features, high cheekbones, and a square jaw. He looks like a lawless Viking, the kind that could pillage a village in no time at all; and that's exactly what he had been.
Vampires don't shake hands except under extraordinary circumstances, so I didn't expect any salutation from Eric. But he bent to give me a kiss on the cheek, and he gave it lingeringly, as if he wanted me to know he'd like to seduce me.

Bk 7
Eric decided action would speak louder than words. Suddenly, he was right in front of me.
He put a finger under my chin and lifted my face to his. His eyes, which looked simply dark in the irregular light, latched on to mine with an intensity that was both exciting and painful. Vampires; mixed feelings. One and the same.
Not exactly to my astonishment, he kissed me. When someone has had approximately a thousand years to practice kissing, he can become very good at it, and I would be lying if I said I was immune to such osculatory talent.

From wikipedia

The Viking Age

The period from the earliest recorded raids in the 790s until the Norman Conquest of England in 1066 is commonly known as the Viking Age of Scandinavian history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking

0 comments: