Friday, December 26, 2008

"When I got the role, I was a little scared" Alexander Skarsgard talking about his role in Generation Kill

An interview with Alex Skarsgard from Swedish web site aftonbladet.se , I'm still cleaning it up from Swedish translation but you'll get the gist

NEW YORK. If someone able to nod assent to Marit Bergman feel good-hit "This is the year" in 2008, it is Alexander Skarsgård.

After "Generation Kill" and "True Blood", he now stars in the movie "13"
with, among others, Ray Liotta and 50 Cent.

-" It is of course really good to release it. But I have always believed in my talent, "he says in Entertainment Bladet meet him in New York.

Actually started well Alexander Skarsgård lives go in harmony with "This is the year" in 2007.

That was when he towed the role of Officer Brad "The Iceman" Colbert in the HBO series "Generation Kill" and also went to Africa for a nearly year-long filming.

But it was this year a realistic, intrusive drama about a Marine platoon in the mission in Iraq was sent - and was a success.

"Incredibly proud, I had very high expectations and they met. I am incredibly proud of "Generation Kill," he says over a late breakfast in a mess got in Soho in southern Manhattan.

The filming was not easy for 32-year-old Stockholm native .

"First, I would be a tough Marine soldier and an American. And I had the supporting role. I had never done anything like that before, "he says - I was nervous. While they were setting up the roles, I thought not so much on it, and then I had to have confidence. But once I landed the job, I was a little scared. Suddenly, I had a budget of 500 Millar on my shoulders, "

"But I was excited too. That is why I have been here for four years, to get that kind of opportunity that I received."

To play vampire in 'True blood' which is also an HBO project - seems to be less complicated.

- "Generation Kill" is the closest to the heart of everything I do, I love the project, but that after a yesterday passed around in camouflage clothes and been this laconic, Torre Marine soldier, it was incredibly liberating to put on the Eric wig (?)And just play” smiles Skarsgård.

- "Generation Kill" documentary and was extremely dry and genuine, while "True blood" is ... much sexier, with soundtracks and songs and Cliffhangers and i love it . I can take turns out a lot more. It is of course a benefit to work with the contrasts.

And now Skarsgårds is working "13" - a re-make of a French film about a collection of cynical billionaires who invests money in Russian roulette.

"I have a small role, but I liked the script and because it was possible to squeeze in before we start recording second season of "True blood" "I am grateful and I felt this was a movie I wanted to be in."

He has choices now

It is the reward for four years of working in Hollywood and all other than the hottest stars in principle which consist of long series of meetings and auditions and disappointments. "It is of course really good to forget the problems, I was actually never particularly busy, he says.

"As a pyramid"
- I have always believed in my talent and knowledge that it will sooner or later a project would come along that was right for me.

The project came ... yes, it can happens !
"My life has changed some. This world is built like a pyramid and I have taken a step up. I do not have to prove what I can anymore. Now the target is to reach a level where I may direct offers and can live where I want, for example, with the family at home in Stockholm. Or anywhere."

It sounds like a certain Marit Bergman-hit may be the soundtrack to many years in Alexander Skarsgård life
-----
This year ...

... CD: I think Glasvegas CD is really good.

... FILM: "Let the right to enter". ( let the right on in )

... reading: "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar WAO" by Junot Diaz.

... TV: I have not seen so much TV, but I watch "Mad Men " sometimes. It is good.

... concert: I saw Vampire Weekend last week, it was really good.

... moment: It was probably the beginning of the year, in a taxi on the way home from the airport to the south after I had been in Africa on the recording in one year. It was a real pissdag. You know, one plus degree and sleeting. The Taxi cab driver sat and complained that he had not seen the sun in three months. And in the back, I was so happy. I thought every little thing was great. Just to see Ica Maxi was wonderful. Registration plates on an old Saab made me cry. Unbelievably strong ... I am so fucking hemmakär (
homesick???) when I come home ...


http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article4030612.ab

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the world? OPERATION Kill? I hope that was a translation issue. LOL!

" Dallas " said...

Yep -sorry !
Some of it is fixed now, these foreign language articles are really hard to deal with but sometimes they are little gems and worth it .if anyone can help with that last paragraph I'd appreciate it