Monday, January 19, 2009

Anna Paquin makes a welcome return to the gossip mags

Anna Paquin makes a welcome return to the gossip mags after her surprise Golden Globes win, but the Kiwi actress is staying typically humble.

Paquin - who won the Globe for Best Actress in a Television Series thanks to her role as a telepathic barmaid in HBO vampire series True Blood - tells Woman's Day she essentially plays a glorified Hooters waitress on the show.

"I'm beyond flattered and honoured ... I'm completely overwhelmed," the 26-year-old says, after beating Sally Field, Mariska Hargitay, Kyra Sedgwick and January Jones for the award.

"I was the pale brunette from New Zealand, and I'm playing this Southern tanned blonde, essentially a Hooters waitress."

Hey, even well-endowed barmaids wearing tight white tops need their moment in sun.

Paquin tells WD the award is "100 percent cooler" than her Best Supporting Actress Oscar win for The Piano at age 11.

"I don't even remember that, it was very blurry and crazy," Paquin says.

"This is quite blurry and crazy too, but at least I'm old enough to drink and stay out past 10pm."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4823377a1860.html

0 comments: