Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Bloody Year from HBO ; The Buzz News

From the HBO news blog

Alexander Skarsgard blew audiences away as Sgt. Brad Colbert in 'Generation Kill,' but the role wasn't exactly a 9-to-5 gig. "It was basically like, 'Well, boot camp starts tomorrow so you have to fly to Namibia now,'" he says. "So I didn't even have time to go back home to say goodbye to my mom and my dad and my siblings so it was tough to be away for that long. But it was also good in a way because it's about this platoon and in a way they're very isolated. So I think it helped that us, as actors, lived together and spent 24/7 together for seven months." The actor's part on 'True Blood,' however, isn't nearly as regimented. "It gives me a lot of freedom," he says. "I can do whatever I want because who's going to tell me what a 1,000 year old vampire Viking is like?" (photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com)

http://www.hbo.com/news/archives/2009_02_27.html

[About.com]

0 comments: